Talk

Advanced search

Can you suggest a silicone, sls and paraben free hair care range?

(25 Posts)
LazySusan11 Mon 16-May-16 09:55:25

I have thick hair frizzy with a few highlights, I find a lot of shampoo and conditioners either make my scalp itch or break me out on my back and neck.

Currently using Aveda colour conserve shampoo which is ok. I'm struggling to find a conditioner that doesn't make me itch, break me out or leave my hair looking lank after a few washes even though I only condition the lengths and ends not the root.

Is anyone using something fabulous that they could suggest for me please?

PedantPending Mon 16-May-16 09:59:51

Alterna is very good.

Sonotkylie Mon 16-May-16 16:55:14

I love the Phyto range, although a bit pricey (maybe not dissimilar to Aveda?). No silicone or paraben, although it does have SLS, but naturally derived (whatever that means). No itchy issues for me anyway. Really really love the express conditioner, because it is rinsed out immediately but does its stuff. Its the volume one if you are unsure. I would really recommend as I started using it when my hair was being tricky and it seemed to work instantly and a year down the line, its still great.

SesameSparkle Mon 16-May-16 17:06:29

I like the faith in nature range as free from products. They are pretty good value for money and I've used their shampoos and conditioner. The conditioner does need to be left on the hair and bit longer than normal to get the full effect though - I have to admit I often end up using the little conditioner that comes with my hair dye instead.

notamummy10 Mon 16-May-16 17:10:42

My hair is similar to yours except I have a full head colour rather than highlights.

For budget haircare, I've found a few gems in Boots: Kind Natured, Yes To... and L'oreal EverPure.

For high end, I like Pureology the best.

sergeantmajor Mon 16-May-16 17:58:43

I like the Body Shop Rainforest range

Bubble2bubble Mon 16-May-16 18:04:44

Faith in Nature is great value and I have used it for years.
Recently converted to Moogoo though - amazing, though around £12 a bottle

GreenMarkerPen Mon 16-May-16 18:06:20

dr organics from h&b

Kennington Mon 16-May-16 18:15:43

Jason products are great and seem to be free of most things
Not expensive either

mumsnit Mon 16-May-16 18:42:16

I really like SenSpa from Waitrose.

Also the BS Rainforest range is good although it doesn't lather that brilliantly!

Madbengalmum Mon 16-May-16 18:48:44

Have just started using the new shampoo and conditioner from Espa. It is free from the nasties and smells amazing, it isnt cheap but very good and it works.

FizzyFeet Mon 16-May-16 20:31:36

Burts Bees works well for me and I think is free of nasties.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Mon 16-May-16 20:38:35

I'm using Korres almond and linseed, it's natural and smells gorgeous. My hair can normally be on dry frizzy side (but it's not dyed) but since I started using this in the last couple of weeks it's been bouncier, shinier and more healthy looking.

MrsBertMacklin Mon 16-May-16 20:42:28

I don't recommend Living Proof - overpriced and never quite feels clean after use.

Liz Earle smells nice, but is very lightweight: even the conditioner for dry hair leaves mine tangled.

I'm currently using the 'Yes To' range: really getting on with the shampoo and the conditioner and my hair is looking good on it, as well as my scalp.

Doobigetta Mon 16-May-16 20:45:15

I use L'Oreal EverPure and like it a lot. It doesn't seem to be as widely stocked as it used to be though, I can only find it in large Boots branches, not supermarkets.

LazySusan11 Mon 16-May-16 21:25:24

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried Pureology and it made my scalp itch, will look at all other suggestions you've given me. Thanks so much smile

Andbabymakesthree Mon 16-May-16 21:27:41

Moo Goo. It's the only range that doesn't irritate my scalp. 2 years in still happy!!

HoggleHoggle Mon 16-May-16 21:46:43

Neal's Yard, I love the rose shampoo. It's def free of most nasties.

RaarSaidTheLion Tue 17-May-16 05:09:56

Urtekram

Quickchangeup Tue 17-May-16 09:46:53

Senspa is brilliant for my thick unruly hair. It's the best of all the less chemical ones I've used. Really smooths the frizz and leaves my hair soft and shiny.

CakeForBreakfast Tue 17-May-16 09:52:06

I use body shop rainforest shampoo, and the treeseme silicone free conditioner.

Oh and I try not to wash my hair more than twice a week.

I've only gone silicone free for a couple of weeks so too early to say if it works for me yet, but my hair is much shinier!

blueberryporridge Tue 17-May-16 19:23:49

I like the Organic Surge range of shampoos and conditioners. They don't upset my sensitive scalp and my hair is much better looking since I started using them. They are also a good price. I also like the Liz Earle hair oil as a conditioner.

building2016 Tue 17-May-16 19:42:32

Shea Moisture.

nanetterose Tue 17-May-16 20:17:24

Green People. Lots mentioned so far, are still full of nasties. Doesn't particularly matter if you aren't sensitive though.
Yes, so Green People. Aloe is lovely and so are many of the other conditioners. I'd recommend buying it from their site as it is much fresher than the Amazon stock (l've found in my experience) all shipping is free.

Snazarooney Tue 17-May-16 20:18:55

Moo goo - everything else makes my scalp itch like crazy.

I wouldn't recommend Liz Earle shampoo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now