Talk

Advanced search

fake tan 2016 - yes or no?

(5 Posts)
Sunbeam18 Sun 15-May-16 23:28:23

I'm going on a family holiday to Majorca next week and am scary Scottish white (blue) which I'm ok with everywhere except legs.
I usually get a fake tan done by beautician before a beach holiday but can't decide whether to do it or not this year. I worry about it looking cheap/a bit dirty/tacky, and I think I remember being desperate to scrub it off after a few days last time and just be pale. What's cool these days?

JingsAndCrivens Mon 16-May-16 00:46:25

I wouldn't bother. Assuming you're applying suncream daily it will start to go patchy very quickly. Pale is cool.

Nettletheelf Mon 16-May-16 06:31:42

Why would having a subtle fake tan make you look "cheap" or "tacky"?

Do you think that other women with tans, fake or otherwise, look cheap and tacky?

Godotsarrived Mon 16-May-16 06:43:54

I am Irish and equal white. Heading on holiday in 3 weeks. Planning to start with a gradual build up to less blindingly white by using the stuff you put on daily. I'll bring a bottle with me as well to top it up during the trip.
I once went for an entire spray tan before a holiday to Orlando. Went a bizarre reddy brown. Not a great look. I envy those who tan :-(

Sunbeam18 Mon 16-May-16 08:12:14

Nettle, the key word there is subtle. A subtle one looks good; any streaks or patches and its instantly tacky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now