Talk

Advanced search

Any cotton shirt dresses about?

(5 Posts)
Detailsoverleaf Sun 15-May-16 21:21:56

Need something to wear to work in a very hot office. All my work clothes were bought for my previous freezing over-air conditioned office so I have nothing suitable. Dress code is smart casual, no need for formal workwear.
Anyone seen any nice cotton shirt dresses?

louloubelle2 Mon 16-May-16 08:08:23

Pure cotton is sadly few and far between on the hight street, but I'd try Toast, they have a nice chambray one (you need to see past their rather austere styling though if that's not you)

Cos have loads of shirt dresses, for some reason I can't click on them to check fabric content, but they are usually pretty good at natural fibres for a reasonable price. Again, you need to see past their styling!

dragonsarebest Mon 16-May-16 09:17:35

Saw a lovely one in uniqlo recently in the lemaire collab. The picture shows it belted but looks much nicer and cooler unbelted IMO. Reduced to 20 quid too. Also have a look at monki and weekday (both part of H&m group, same as cos - their websites or some stuff is on asos) for cotton shirt dresses.

dragonsarebest Mon 16-May-16 09:22:22

www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/172380#thumbnailSelect

That's the uniqlo one - see how even the model has refused to wear silly belt. Model is v tall too, on me (and presumably normally proportioned ppl) it comes to just above my knees.

WingsClipped Mon 16-May-16 12:06:14

Banana republic had a few. Good length for the office as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now