What do you do with your hair on holiday?

(4 Posts)
retainertrainer Sun 15-May-16 20:35:34

Ive got thin,fine hair in a chin length Bob. I blow dry it every morning or it looks greasy and stringy and awful. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks-I'm guessing we'll be in and out of the pool most of the day. I've bought a couple of nice hats but when I take them off for lunch I dread to think what my hair will be doing.

This is a big insecurity of mine as my hair looks very thin in places (another thread altogether).

Can I get away with wearing a hat all day? Even inside whilst eating? Is there a magical product that I can use to keep my hair looking ok after swimming?

Any suggestions gratefully received!

2madboys Mon 16-May-16 10:07:32

How is your hair if you wash it in the evening? I usually wash and style every morning (also in a bob now), but don't really see the point on holiday as I'll be in the pool (and out, and in, etc) half an hour after breakfast. I just let it dry naturally in between swims and then wash and blow dry before dinner in the evening. Usually looks presentable enough for breakfast the next morning.

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Mon 16-May-16 10:10:11

I wash in the evening so I look presentable for dinner. In the morning I give it a good blast of dry shampoo too soak up grease and to give some volume.

retainertrainer Mon 16-May-16 12:38:47

That's a fantastic idea Thankyou-I'll give that a try. I might curl it in the evening too and then by morning it might have a bit more volume left in it. I'll get some dry shampoo. I did experiment with a head scarf (I thought I could get away with wearing that inside) but I just couldn't get it to look right plus I couldn't swim with it on. I'd love thick,long hair that I could just tie up off my face.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now