Best fake tan

(14 Posts)
TaffetaMuttonfudge Sun 15-May-16 18:56:11

I was just wondering if you could give me your recommendations for fake tan? I'm quite pale and with the weather starting to improve I want to get my legs out and quite frankly they are blindingly white at present so I think I need some assistance while I build up my own tan!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Sun 15-May-16 19:05:17

He-Shei is very very good in my opinion , better than St Tropez.

It goes on smoothly and blends well, I love it.

UsernamesAreAPainInTheBalls Sun 15-May-16 19:06:36

I quite like cocoa brown 👌🏽 it's cheap and it dries really quickly which is a deal breaker for me as normally I'm lashing it on in 5 mins with my baby screaming at me 😩
You can see the colour while its going on too so less chance of streaks etc
I'm quite dark skinned though so not sure if that makes a difference maybe someone who's pale will come along and say the exact opposite 🙈

Only1scoop Sun 15-May-16 19:07:42

I actually love just the Palmers moisturiser which has a bit of tan in it to build up. Really natural and softens the skin.

Only1scoop Sun 15-May-16 19:08:47

I've tried Vita Liberate and San Tropez but find them a bit much for my pale skin.

ShebaQueen Sun 15-May-16 19:13:57

I prefer the wash off type and swear by Rimmel Sunshimmer. Wear a mitt and start off with the light - I prefer the matte version, it's quick and easy and looks really natural.

JohnCheese Sun 15-May-16 19:19:25

Cocoa Brown. Easy to apply, great results, cheap as chips and easily easily as good as anything more expensive. And I've tried a fewwink

JohnCheese Sun 15-May-16 19:20:44

P.S. I'm pale, but have the same good result as UsernamesAre above

UsernamesAreAPainInTheBalls Sun 15-May-16 19:25:44

JohnCheese I should have said I've also tried much more expensive brands (Lancôme/st.tropez/fake bake etc) and find cocoa brown just as good if not better 👌🏽
They also do a lovely shimmer oil called golden goddess which is lovely for legs, collar bone etc on a night out 😍

BabyGanoush Sun 15-May-16 19:27:17

Lancome Flash bronzer for legs is brilliant.

You rub it in like body lotion, it's tinted so you can see if you missed a spot, and gives a smooth even golden tan.

I love it

JohnCheese Sun 15-May-16 19:34:38

I've seen the shimmer oil Usernames. Might give it a go over the summer if you say it's good.

Yy have also tried the usuals, Vita Liberata, Lancôme, St Tropez, Clarins, He-Shi, Fake Bake etc. Cocoa brown is easily as good, if not better.

Tinklypoo Sun 15-May-16 19:41:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Tinklypoo Sun 15-May-16 19:42:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TaffetaMuttonfudge Sun 15-May-16 20:07:55

Thanks all. I like the idea of the St Tropez shower one, but think I'll try some Cocoa Brown. Let's hope the sun lasts a bit longer so I can make use of my new found colour smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now