We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help me find this handbag!!

(14 Posts)
rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 15:13:46

I saw a lady with the most lovely bag yesterday. It was square, with a cross body tan strap and had a large flower on both sides-yellow centre on one side and pink on the other.

My googling has thrown up this

http://www.orlakiely.com/uk/bags/mainline%20bags/16sbsfa402/54206/black

But the dimensions say it's 16 X 20cm and that is absolutely tiny! It would barely fit my phone in and the one I saw yesterday certainly wasn't that small!

Please help, you wonderful people--- I really need this bag!!

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 15:14:26

Clicky link

bag

AverysillyoldHector Sun 15-May-16 15:20:00

Is it this one? The sold out one at the top of the page?

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 15:24:17

Yes, wow-I think it might be! Well done!! I can't believe it's sold out though!!

AverysillyoldHector Sun 15-May-16 15:31:12

This one is a bit bigger than the first one but a bit smaller than the messenger bag - any good?

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 15:31:22

It actually looks more like this one, I think, but that's still only 17 X 20cm! I don't think my purse and phone would both fit?!!

Why would you make a bag so small!!?

Orla

AverysillyoldHector Sun 15-May-16 15:33:06

That one says its 23 x 26cm I think:

Product Description
Orla Kiely Square flower black small sling bag
Shoulder Bags
Shoulder straps
Depth 6 cm
Drop Size 53 cm
Height 23 cm
Width 26 cm

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 15:49:34

These seem to be the same bags but the dimensions are totally different??

What is 'drop size 53cm'? Is that half of the length of the strap? Could it be worn across the body!?

Arghhhh!

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 19:31:30

I think this is the one I want as it's bigger.

link

I wish I knew how long the strap was, though-that would be a far more useful measurement than the drop length!!

The fact it says it's a shoulder bag, makes me wonder that it can't be worn across the body, but the woman I saw earlier definitely had hers across her body!! I should have taken a photo of her!!

Bumping shamelessly for the evening readers-has anyone seen or got this bag!?

MrsLettuce Sun 15-May-16 21:23:49

I think you have found it already. Probably best to mail / phone OK and ask 'em.

Does give the stap length on the OK site - here 120cm

MrsLettuce Sun 15-May-16 21:26:07

person wearing similar OK bag of the same sort size cross body. Build / norkage is always going to be a factor with fixed strap cross body bags fitting though, obviously.

rollonthesummer Sun 15-May-16 21:37:45

Does give the stap length on the OK site - here 120cm

I think that's a slightly different bag actually. If you look at my 15.49 post-there are two bags. They look almost identical, but this one is 17.5cm x 20cm and has an elastic keyring type thing inside-the strap length of that one is 120cm.

link

The other one is quite a bit bigger

link2

at 23cm x 26cm and gives the 'drop size' as 53cm.

MrsLettuce Sun 15-May-16 21:42:24

I'm pretty sure one or the other is misdescribed, a drop length of 53 sounds about right for a bag of that sort of size. The distance between the fastenings makes if fall shorter than 1/2 the strap length. I'd order the HoF one just in case - stock is dwindeling now all the clickers here have seen it, have lost count of times MNers have put stuff out of stock in an evening, and mail OK about hte one on their site.

MrsLettuce Sun 15-May-16 21:43:10

dwindling even. 5 left.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now