Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else allergic to nail polish

(9 Posts)
hannah8815 Sun 15-May-16 13:00:02

Used to be a nail polish addict but realised a couple of years ago that I was getting a reaction to it - red itchy eyes and hands - which completely went away when I stopped using it. Not sure what ingredient I react to as there are so many in there! I keep my nails as nice as I can but with summer coming I hate not being able to cover up my toenails. Has anyone found any kind of alternative?

mysteryknickers Sun 15-May-16 13:03:16

Yes I am but find I can paint my toe nails. Or perhaps I'm not allergic to the one I use on my toes. My face swells up. It's very unsightly and can take a week to go back to normal.

HappinessLivesHere Sun 15-May-16 14:36:59

I am to certain colours!! Can't wear any reds or pinks without getting itchy eyes and a tight chest!

Arcadia Sun 15-May-16 21:47:31

Try little ondine - the only completely natural varnish I have ever found!

Cakescakescakes Sun 15-May-16 21:52:08

I was also going to suggest Little Ondine! I have lost of cosmetic allergies and can use this fine.

Cakescakescakes Sun 15-May-16 21:52:15

Lots

Arcadia Sun 15-May-16 22:17:33

http://www.uk.littleondine.com
I have found the bright colours come up better. There's a lovely red. It peels off which also means it doesn't last long but v quick and easy to reapply

hannah8815 Mon 16-May-16 22:01:01

Amazing thank you Arcadia and cakes just order £30 worth of polishes from little online!!

ShmooBooMoo Tue 17-May-16 11:46:30

My friend uses L'Oxygene by Nailberry. I think Nubar and Zoya are supposed to exclude the main allergens.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now