Talk

Advanced search

Help! Need a smart summer dress for evening party ...

(6 Posts)
OrchardDweller Sat 14-May-16 22:25:07

and I don't know where to start. I'm top heavy (generous boobs), tall and only just the wrong side of 50 so don't want something too clingy or mutton dressed as lamb like. Am prepared to throw some money at the situation but not excessive amounts. Any suggestions of where to go or where to shop on line???

MrsLettuce Sat 14-May-16 22:34:13

How formal will it be, do you think?

this is lovely but no idea if you like/suit green
this is smart but more informal
print

MrsLettuce Sat 14-May-16 22:38:54

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-hof-Site/default/Search-Show?q=biba+v+maxi+deepthis is a great maxi, plenty of options on colour / pattern

MrsLettuce Sat 14-May-16 22:40:28

Bad link! here's the right one. I do like a lot of their dresses though

OrchardDweller Sat 14-May-16 22:55:56

Love the green dress from Saint Bustier - I have brown hair and hopefully will have a tan by the party. I've never heard of Saint Bustier - what an amazing site - just what I've been looking for. Quite often I buy larger dresses and then have them taken in to make them fit properly so it good to find somewhere that caters for my shape.

MrsLettuce Sat 14-May-16 23:04:22

There's pepperberry and Odyl too but they are often a bit uninspired. The green Saint Bustier is great, IMO!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now