Talk

Advanced search

Any pixie glow tonic users?

(21 Posts)
Kirriemuir Sat 14-May-16 19:46:24

I bought from QVC. I don't glow but I certainly like the way it makes my skin feel. Any other suggestions?

Libitina Sat 14-May-16 20:03:09

I love it. I also use Alpha H liquid gold. They've cleared up my lumpy bumpy, acne prone, 46 year old skin a treat.

MadisonMontgomery Sat 14-May-16 20:14:47

Yeah it's pretty good. Not amazing, but good.

botemp Sat 14-May-16 20:17:02

It's really hit or miss I think. It doesn't do much for me, the pH isn't low enough to be properly exfoliating (mild at best) so it's an inoffensive toner. I bought it almost a year ago and it's not even halfway done, found it too drying in winter and made my skin worse with continued use. I do also think they differ quite a bit per batches, mine smells pretty inoffensive but I've heard many complaints about how it positively reeks of an odd soapy scent while I only sense that very vaguely.

i tried it once and it brought me out in horrible cystic spots that took weeks to go away and have scared my skin. i don't know why i reacted so badly to it but i ditched it asap

scarred that should say not scared!!

MardleBum Sat 14-May-16 20:39:49

I use it. I like it but I can't honestly say whether it's doing anything for me or not. i love the smell though.

BubsAndMoo Sat 14-May-16 20:40:15

I love it. Use it a few times a week in rotation with other toners as well. I find it lightly exfoliating, gentle, nice smell, face feels smooth and fresh after. What's not to like?

Funny how it can really split people!

BubsAndMoo Sat 14-May-16 20:41:13

The other one I really like are first aid beauty pads, they don't smell as nice though.

andadietcoke Sat 14-May-16 20:41:32

I use it in rotation with liquid gold and First Aid Beauty facial exfoliation pads.

Kirriemuir Sat 14-May-16 20:42:48

Thanks. Just keen to hear of other options as I say I don't glow with it!

CaoNiMao Sun 15-May-16 05:58:12

I have been using it since January, and I am really liking it. However, opinions seem genuinely mixed!

Mrmcgregorsrake Sun 15-May-16 09:00:16

This brought my skin out in raised red bumps . My skins not even that sensitive.

MsBojangles Sun 15-May-16 13:51:59

It was meh at best, at worst it left me with dry patches. Certainly no discernible glow.

IJustLostTheGame Sun 15-May-16 18:50:01

I didn't glow.
I burned.
I had a bright red burned face for over a week.
I gave it to a friend who loves it.

PlasticRoses Sun 15-May-16 19:15:21

I've used two bottles and I've not been blown away but it smells nice.

At the moment I use the nip and fab dragons blood pads in the AM and the extreme glycolic ones at night. Dragons blood are saliciylicicl (not a clue how to spell it) and the glycolic ones are glycolic (obviously) and this combo is working well for me. Not glowing but smooth (ish!)

PlasticRoses Sun 15-May-16 19:16:20

Oooh I used to use liquid gold and I LOVED it. Adding it to my 'things I want to buy on payday' list now

morethanacondiment Sun 15-May-16 20:32:22

I was promised it would even out my bumpy cheeks and got a bottle at Christmas. It didn't do anything.
I'm now using Nip + Fab glycolic
Pads instead (at a lower percentage of glycolic acid, so I thought it would be less effective) and they've totally smoothed out my skin. Such a cheap fix!

Ferrerotoffeemint Mon 16-May-16 00:52:10

I avoided pixi glow due to some reviews claiming it broke them out.

I finally caved in and bought some pixi glow yesterday and used it tonight for the first time and my face has broken out into a horrible red lumpy rash.

I am mortified shock and hoping it will go down by the morning and will not be using it again. Ever.

piddleypower Mon 16-May-16 13:14:46

Been using it for six weeks. Not glowing. My verdict would be "meh".

MsBojangles Mon 16-May-16 13:40:55

It contains witch hazel, an irritant, so I suspect it's that making people red and rashy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now