Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Ummm... Clothes from Aldi?!

(21 Posts)
ItsAllGoodMan Sat 14-May-16 09:34:27

Have I lost the plot? I like the look of this dress and they've got some cheap canvas pumps too

MrsJayy Sat 14-May-16 09:37:41

I gota couple of t shirts 2 summers ago they wash great if you like it buy it I say. I went to lidl to get a denim jacket the were advertising sold out

Costacoffeeplease Sat 14-May-16 09:44:49

I've got a few t-shirt dresses from aldi that I just wear about the house/garden. They've lasted a few years and wash well

I've got a denim dress almost identical to that from GAP. Beware that the button-up front might make it indecently short for anything other than holiday/sunbathing wear.

JuneFromBethesda Sat 14-May-16 11:08:46

I have the Lidl denim jacket MrsJayy. It was £10 IIRC and it's perfect - the right shade of dark blue, nice cut, just enough stretch in the fabric to flatter without being too clingy. I love it.

Lidl is good for basics, I definitely wouldn't rule Aldi out either.

MrsJayy Sat 14-May-16 11:11:38

I was so annoyed the jacket sold out was just what i was after

ohidoliketobe Sat 14-May-16 11:11:41

I got a black cardigan from there a few years ago. Spotted it on the Aisle of Wonder for about £5 and just chucked it in with my groceries thinking it'd be o to wear over dresses for work on colder days. It has washed brilliantly, colour and shape still look practically as good as new, much better than similar knitwear costing 5 x the price!

Whippet81 Sat 14-May-16 15:44:56

I may have just ordered the denim dress. It looks like just what I am after - all the denim dresses about seem to be rock hard. Worth a look I reckon!

Drinksforeveryone Sat 14-May-16 16:09:08

l like the look of that dress.

I have bought running kit from Aldi and Lidl in the past. Both have excellent quality stuff at low prices. My running capris are still going strong years later.

MrsT2007 Sat 14-May-16 20:20:34

The running kit is fab!

imip Sat 14-May-16 20:24:01

Aldi in Australia do lovely kids clothes and family often send it out to the DCs.

Kr1stina Sat 14-May-16 20:40:54

I agree their running kit is great and cheap as chips

Jaimx86 Sun 15-May-16 12:27:11

Just brought it and thought I'd share some info about it. I brought it in 10 and I'm 5'5 slightly gaping on chest (nothing a safety pin can't fix) but other than that it fits well. Nice light weight material. I'll most likely style it with a brown belt. Bargain!

ItsAllGoodMan Sun 15-May-16 21:31:30

I ordered two different sizes so will update when they arrive. Looks really good on you Jaimx

dingalong Sun 15-May-16 21:48:16

I got some trousers last year - very similar to hush Vanessa trousers. Less than 1/5th of the price

Jaimx86 Sun 15-May-16 22:04:42

I just wish the items didn't sell out so quickly! My dad also got one of the men's polo shirts for £3.99 and it looks fab. When I called around and saw it hanging up I thought it was one of my brother's 'designer' shirts! Has anyone seen the denim pumps? I couldn't see them.

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sun 15-May-16 22:08:01

My favourite top was a LiDL bargain...

Twinklestar2 Sun 15-May-16 22:46:41

Oh this thread makes me happy because I got some mint coloured jeans from ALDI today grin

MrsJayy Sun 15-May-16 22:49:36

Oooo mint jeans dd was looking for mint jeans to go with her mint converse might nip in tomorroe

WhatsGoingOnEh Sun 15-May-16 22:52:23

Jaimx86 I love your floorboards! /off topic

MooMinCow Mon 16-May-16 13:00:25

I picked one up today as I've been looking for a shirt dress for ages. I love it but the hems at the side are sticking out weirdly confused so it's going back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now