Talk

Advanced search

would this dress suit........,

(6 Posts)
Racheyg Fri 13-May-16 21:34:16

I'm 5 ft 4 and an apple shape. All weight on my tummy. I weigh 10st 4 and I'm inbetween a 12 and 14.

Have a September wedding to go to and want to avoid coast (have had man of their dress in the past but I'm after something different)

Help greatly received grin

hippiedays Fri 13-May-16 21:55:58

I'm a similar shape to you and would avoid that style as it doesn't flatter my stomach. I think it emphasises it more if anything. I'd go for more structure for a more flattering fit or ruched works well.

Racheyg Sat 14-May-16 07:32:34

Thanks hippy you have confirmed what I already knew. I just think the dress is nice.

Eminybob Sat 14-May-16 07:36:24

I think if you get some good tummy control knickers you may be ok.
I'm an apple with big boobs, and heavier than you, and I find shift shape dresses can be flattering with the right underwear.

That is a lovely dress but I'm not sure I'm keen on the straps.

whatdoIget Sat 14-May-16 07:39:19

I think it might be one of those dresses that looks ok from the front but not from the sides. You've got plenty of time to order it and see how it looks though!

Hagothehills Sat 14-May-16 07:49:20

Oh op that's really lovely and perfect for a wedding! I second what pp have said, order it, (in a 12 and and a 14 to make sure you figure out the best fit) and try them on with tummy control underwear. Apple shapes have lovely limbs so if you can disguise your tummy, and I think the pattern will help with that tbh then I think it could be very flattering. Also remember if you're wearing heels the way they make you stand makes your tummy look slimmer too, good luck op!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now