Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this dress too bridesmaidy?

(11 Posts)
RumAppleGinger Fri 13-May-16 21:17:51

Collectif are having a sale and I just bought this dress because I love it and it was reduced from £90 down to £22.50.

Is it too bridesmaidy to wear to a wedding? The dress is navy not black and the wedding is going to be a pretty formal affair in a remote Scottish castle. What do you think acceptable? Or am I going to have to create another excuse to wear it?

Sofygwh Fri 13-May-16 21:19:20

I like it. I can't see why you shouldn't wear it!

Theimpossiblegirl Fri 13-May-16 21:21:00

Only if the bridesmaids are wearing it!

It's a lovely dress and will look amazing. From what you have said about the venue, it's perfect.

RumAppleGinger Fri 13-May-16 21:36:45

Yay! Now opinions on wearing it for the school run, weekly shop etc. grin

Theimpossiblegirl Sat 14-May-16 17:40:24

It is a perfect school run dress (if the school is a Swiss finishing school for princesses).

IHaveBrilloHair Sat 14-May-16 17:42:35

I wore that to Aldi earliergrin

Trills Sat 14-May-16 17:45:52

Good luck!

I worry a bit about the wrinkles in the fabric across the belly/thighs that look like it's stretched there. If it looks like that on the model then what will it look like on you?

herecomesthsun Sat 14-May-16 18:03:59

quick look at collectif site, nice dress

AllPizzasGreatAndSmall Sat 14-May-16 18:44:07

It is an evening dress, I would only wear it for a late afternoon/straight into evening wedding.

AgathaMystery Sat 14-May-16 18:52:23

It's an evening dress - def not a daytime dress. Hopefully yours fits a bit better than the models! gorgeous frock though.

Ilovetorrentialrain Sat 14-May-16 18:59:31

Lovely dress but definitely evening only, not daytime wear. You got a bargain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now