Talk

Advanced search

Nude tights for a night out - Yay or nay?

(18 Posts)
notthestereotype1 Fri 13-May-16 10:38:18

Hi,

Am off to the theatre darling grin and have had my outfit picked out for a while. This initially included bare legs with shit loads of sally hansen BUT this bloody weather!! angry

If I wear black tights, it completely changes the outfit, so I would like to avoid it if possible.

I've worn nude tights before, but am always paranoid that I look a bit....old lady confused

Thoughts please. If it's a yay, what are your recommendations?

TIA

Summer23 Fri 13-May-16 10:46:30

As long as nude tights are not shiny I think they can look oksmile M&S do natural barely there tights. I wear these just to give a bit of coverage for work etc. The only thing is because they are so fine they can ladder easily when putting them on so you need to be careful!

notthestereotype1 Fri 13-May-16 10:59:45

Ah, ta Summer.

Might sound an odd question, but because my legs are sooo pale, I feel the need for a bit of colour too, so could I put on the sally Hansen first and then the tights or is that going to be a smudgey, smeary disaster?!

NoSpamPam Fri 13-May-16 11:01:04

Some men jack off over that specially if shiny too

BaronessBomburst Fri 13-May-16 11:02:57

hmm

Chewbecca Fri 13-May-16 11:04:18

Boots do some bare ones in a shade called 'sun kissed' which is nice, no need for any Sally Hansen.

notthestereotype1 Fri 13-May-16 11:07:09

Good to know pam

Chew, thanks. They're not orangey are they?

Chewbecca Fri 13-May-16 11:13:33

I don't think so, for me they have just the right amount of tanned look without looking too 'tights' like. They always seem to be sold out quickly in the store in Canary Wharf so I think I'm not the only one who finds them a good shade!

Summer23 Fri 13-May-16 11:56:26

These ones and yep, tan underneath should be fine as long as you don't choose a dark pair grin

www.marksandspencer.com/5-denier-cooling-bare-invisible-sheer-tights-1-pair-pack/p/p22283874

ItGoesWithoutSaying Fri 13-May-16 14:22:13

Asked a similar question a few weeks ago as I've always had a dread of the frumpy american Tan tights. Bought a few and found that so long as the denier was 15 or less and matt, not shiny, they looked good.

(Spent almost £20 on a Wolford pair. Tore them within minutes and put on a Tesco pair - about £3 - which lasted the day and looked as good. Doh!)

DameXanaduBramble Fri 13-May-16 14:25:04

Blimey it's a nay from me. It's not that cold, just slap some Sally Hansen on and go out, no no no to nude tights.

notthestereotype1 Fri 13-May-16 15:35:17

Just bought some from Tesco- 7 denier, but.....oiled shock so basically exactly what everyone told me not to get <<sigh>> I didn't notice. I was just looking for the word sheen.

Dame, I'm going out tomorrow night, which is supposed to be "unseasonably chilly". I can't handle chilly wink My legs go all goosebumpy and horrible when I get cold, but then I guess 7 denier is hardly thermal protection!

i wear nude tights quite often. I find they look fine as long as they are close to my natural skin colour. I have only found one place that sells hem in a pale enough shade for me and that is the cheapy shop Peacocks, in the shade Bamboo. I prefer to have my legs covered where ever possible as they are easily burned, bruised and marked so a little coverage helps me feel a bit better about they way they look

Oly5 Fri 13-May-16 16:30:25

No! Bare legs all the way, hate nude tights

Becoolio Fri 13-May-16 16:34:57

The barely there ones are good. I've got a toeless pair from M&S. I showed one nude tight on one leg and one bare leg to my dd and asked which leg looked best. She picked the nude tight leg but could not tell that I was wearing tights. It just made my legs look smoother.

HappyGirlNow Fri 13-May-16 17:02:03

No to nude tights, they are, indeed, old lady. And you can always see them despite what anyone says!

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Fri 13-May-16 17:16:03

I'm a big fan of nude tights, have been since I was 18yo so personally I don't associate it with old lady, frump. No way can I do bare legs and barely black tights look shit in the summer.

Doobigetta Fri 13-May-16 17:54:41

It is never warm enough in this country for me to go bare-legged in the evening. I get goose bumps, and then when they go down they leave stubble behind- sexy. So nude tights it is, or hold ups anyway. As long as they aren't shiny and you don't commit the CARDINAL sin of wearing toed tights with open-toed shoes (envy) I think there's no alternative.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now