Talk

Advanced search

another summer shoes thread!

(15 Posts)
GreenGoth89 Thu 12-May-16 12:52:36

I'm 27 and err on the rocky side of style - but I have plantar fasciitis which causes a lot of pain in the soles of my feet which means I can't wear sandals or pumps which aren't cushioned. Everything I've found which is cushioned is either very expensive (Ecco normally) or very frumpy. I need to keep it under £30 and they need to be black, not backless and fairly supportive.

Any ideas?

GreenGoth89 Fri 13-May-16 10:24:54

Just been into clarks and because I have orthotic insoles none of their shoes fit...gutted! Not sure where to go next!

FuckOffJeffrey Fri 13-May-16 10:36:10

Have you tried sketchers? The go walk range is supposed to be very comfortable and supportive.

FuckOffJeffrey Fri 13-May-16 10:43:08

Lots of reviews of them here

GreenGoth89 Fri 13-May-16 20:19:28

I'm looking for sandals if I can get them - the sketchers are said to be a bit tight across the instep which won't work with my insoles. I'm getting close to the point of getting referred back to the podiatrist because I'm running out of places to buy sodding nice wide fit shoes...which are actually wide fit!

IsItGinTimeYet Fri 13-May-16 20:21:53

Fitflops?

BikeRunSki Fri 13-May-16 20:26:34

M&S?

GreenGoth89 Sat 14-May-16 16:21:07

They have to have a back - otherwise I'll just fall off them. I'll check out m&S though!

oliviafrombolivia Sat 14-May-16 18:06:29

have you seen esska shoes, some sandals very pretty with moulded type sole on them?

www.esskashoes.com

Jitterybug Sat 14-May-16 18:17:46

I have the same predicament, it's rubbish isn't it?

Google a shop called Shuropdy, there are a few options on there. I have also bought some tan loafer type shoes from Primark of all places, I bought a size up and they fit my orthotics perfectly. They come up quite high on my foot, which I need but have a cut out pattern, which makes them quite summery.

Jitterybug Sat 14-May-16 18:22:05

These are ok, they won't win any beauty contests, but I find I am a lot more open minded about shoes, since developing a foot problem grin

sandals

NarpIsNotACunt Sat 14-May-16 18:25:53

I can attest to the fact that Eska are lovely sandals - stylish and really comfortable

candykane25 Sat 14-May-16 18:29:23

You can get fit flops with backs on them. The platformy sandals they do are cool - they've got gladiator types this year.

twobambinos Sat 14-May-16 20:14:12

I find the skechers to be quite wide fit actually.
I've a bunion on one foot and use skechers go run as most other runners I find too tight.

Next do wide fit in alot of their footwear and the good for your sole or something like that are really comfy.

weebarra Sat 14-May-16 20:16:32

I have the same issue and my work shoes are from Shuropody. There's one next to my work and they have some not fugly sandals in at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now