Hairdressers who just won't do what you want them to

(7 Posts)
Janefromdowntheroad Thu 12-May-16 09:01:29

Was blonde for years, condition was fine, half head of highlights every 4/5 months.

Hairdresser convinced me to go brunette, was feeling a bit bored so though meh i'll try it. She LOVED it, it was fine but didn't really suit me/makeup etc.

I've been back in three times since and every time i've said I want to go blonde again. She convinces me not to, says that it will ruin the condition of my hair, i'll just put some blonde bits through it etc etc.

Short of finding a new hairdresser (which I don't want to do as her blow drys are amazing) how can I tell her I just want to go bloody blonde again! She makes it sound like its a massive hassle and a load of work

EatShitDerek Thu 12-May-16 09:03:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lavenderdoilly Thu 12-May-16 09:07:14

One hairdresser gave me the same haircut as MIL. I'd had a cool haircut that he had managed to reproduce ttwice. When he "realised" he thought it was funny. Never went to him again.

Pisssssedofff Thu 12-May-16 10:00:03

I've stopped going too, I want long hair they are paid to cut, seems counter productive. All the stuff about dead ends, the whole hair is dead ffs

LaurieLemons Thu 12-May-16 10:10:17

Well it's true your hair will be ruined if you bleach it again on top of the already bleached hair, unless it's all grown out? It just sounds like you need to be more firm, all she can do is suggest things.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Thu 12-May-16 10:17:59

It is difficult to get a good blonde colour when going from a dark dyed brunette. It usually has to be done in stages and goes through a gingery, brassy stage first. The only way to not go blonde in stages is to use very strong bleach which could potentially ruin your hair or make it brittle.

I suspect your hairdresser doesn't feel confident enough to get the result you want.
Go elsewhere (preferably on recommendation) for the blonde and use her for blow dries. I understand you feel a loyalty to her, but I'm sure she won't mind you using a different colourist.

fieldfare Thu 12-May-16 10:21:00

Ask why she's so against you going back to blonde? She may not feel sure of doing it herself and doesn't want to risk damaging your hair, in which case ask for a more experienced colourist and have her do the rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now