Talk

Advanced search

Tips for getting smooth legs in summer?

(4 Posts)
homeworkinghubbard Wed 11-May-16 19:55:46

I've got medium-pale skin and dark-ish hair, and no matter what methods I try – epilation, shaving with conditioner, shaving with talc, shaving upwards and down, waxing, post-hair removal creams and lotions and rubs – I always get dotty, rashy legs. Even if they're completely smooth, they look like they've got three days of stubble on them.

Any tips, please? Or should I just stick to my 200 deniers in the height of summer? shock

MadauntofA Fri 13-May-16 12:53:12

Sounds like your skin/ hair would be ideal for IPL. A bit costly, but I have bought mine recently from boots for £279, and should pay for itself eventually! If not, coconut oil before shaving is much better - you only need a small amount, and can buy a small tub from super drug ( much cheaper than the edible variety)

LisaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 13-May-16 12:59:15

I second the vote for laser hair removal - though everyone I know has had it done professionally and not at home. It is pricey but the results are permanent and you will never have stubble or ingrown hairs again. Just don't skimp on the sessions as my one friend did - it meant she got sparse regrowth (barely noticeable but still...) and still has to shave occasionally.

homeworkinghubbard Wed 08-Jun-16 21:05:36

Thanks very much both! What's the difference between IPL and laser? God, the bliss of having no more leg hairs grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now