What is this on my skin....

(13 Posts)
Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 16:40:01

They look like teeny tiny cream coloured dots mainly on forehead, nose and chin. Not sure if it's a build up of skin or something, if I squeeze tiny little wiggles sometimes come out. Sounds disgusting I know, does this sound familiar to anyone?

burnishedsilver Wed 11-May-16 17:44:25

Milia?

YorkieDorkie Wed 11-May-16 17:48:21

Milia - congestion from sebum production.

Nabootique Wed 11-May-16 17:50:17

When you say cream coloured, do you mean like they have a head?

Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 17:52:07

Defo not milia they aren't bumps they are flat on skin like tiny pores?

Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 17:52:47

Also milia isn't actually congestion from sebum they are caused by dryness.

GreyTS Wed 11-May-16 17:56:33

Sounds like sebaceous filaments, not much can be done but you can minimise their appearance with good exfoliation

Nabootique Wed 11-May-16 17:59:40

I was going to say, you probably wouldn't be able to get stuff out of a milia like that. They're under the epidermis. Sounds like a closed comedone to me.

VocationalGoat Wed 11-May-16 18:12:30

I've had them for years and I have heard that getting them professionally extracted by a dermatologist (not by an esthetician) will give you good results.I never did this but for me, Paula's Choice Weekly AHA lotion made a significant impact and greatly reduced my milia. I also started hot cloth washing with Aveda facial oil (anything with Jojoba is great). This also made a big difference.
But I really swear by the Paula's Choice AHA lotion once a week and then nightly or every other night, a mild exfoliating lotion like Aveda Botanical Kinetics (which I use every other night).

Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 18:55:20

Thanks vocation but we have established its not milia! Appreciate your input though.

I think you can only see them when I have foundation on, well at least that seems to accentuate them

MadisonMontgomery Wed 11-May-16 19:02:47

Sounds like sebaceous filaments to me - I don't think you can remove them completely but I find an acid toner helps and if any of them are looking particularly obvious I give them a good squeeze (but that's mainly for my own enjoyment more than anything)

Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 19:09:28

My bloody skin is hypersensitive though so doesn't tolerate acids sad even the ten clarifying toner which is supposedly mild burnt my face off.

Indecisivejo Wed 11-May-16 19:21:52

Just googled images of sebaceous filaments (yuk don't do it) and its defo these!! Now what though?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now