Talk

Advanced search

Dresses like Vivienne Westwood but for the less busty?

(20 Posts)
dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 15:28:18

I ordered this lovely dress and like the shape etc but although it fits well on the waist and hips, it's far too loose up top and just doesn't fit me properly. I read that VW cuts for curves, so is it worth trying a different style or should I just look elsewhere? Is there anywhere that makes similar styles but cuts more for pears than hourglasses? It's for a special occasion my wedding...we're eloping so it's no big deal but it is really and I want to look amazing but not bridal HELP.

Donge13 Wed 11-May-16 15:41:51

http://www.saintbustier.com/shop/celebrity-styles/the-nigella-look.html any of these any good?

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 15:48:12

Thank you, they look lovely but I'm not sure that I'd fill any of them! They seem to be designed specifically for the busty and I'm not... The styles are what I'm looking for though so I might order some to try.

Donge13 Wed 11-May-16 15:52:33

Have you had a look on outnet ? They have some Westwood in the sale and you could maybe get it altered

Nettletheelf Wed 11-May-16 15:56:15

I just ordered this, and it's lovely:

www.zalando.co.uk/sportmax-code-pece-summer-dress-blau-xc021c00u-k11.html?size=16

I am decidedly not busty. I am straight up and down.

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 15:56:23

That is a very good point about getting something altered, I hadn't actually considered that blush. There's an anglomania dress on the SaintBustier site that is gorgeous! Will check the outnet now, thanks.

MrsLettuce Wed 11-May-16 15:57:59

Oh that is nice. Would you consider having it altered?

SaintBustier make stuff for the large of nork don't they? Maybe I'm confused, will look.

MrsLettuce Wed 11-May-16 15:58:24

huge xpost

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 15:58:34

Oooh that's nice Nettle. I'd not have thought of looking on zalando! I think they sent me a code recently too. Thank you.

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 16:00:05

It's a very good point MrsL!!! smile

MrsLettuce Wed 11-May-16 19:48:09

You might like this, this or this. They're not hugely VW (what with not being VW and all) but they each have an interesting cut.

MrsLettuce Wed 11-May-16 19:49:29

Oh. bugger . sorry. did you wan't white / ivory / cream? The link in the OP goes to the blue version of the VW so it didn't occour to me!!

MrsLettuce Wed 11-May-16 20:33:51

Just came across this while I was looking for something else. It's not even vaguely VWesque but it's really quite lovely and would be great on a pear.

Laska5772 Wed 11-May-16 21:00:32

I've seen this in RL and it made me want to get married again .. ( to the same Dh of course) grin
ok its not very VW I admit-

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 21:08:07

Thank you! I do really like that Cecilia dress, I'd had a look at All Saints but must have missed that one.

The colour issue is something I'm really not sure about. Part of the reason we're eloping is to avoid the big white wedding thing, but part of me wonders if I'll regret not having worn a white/cream/ivory dress. I think I just want a gorgeous dress that I would never normally be able to justify and will definitely wear again, but I never wear white...but I've never got married before either...so who knows...

Laska5772 Wed 11-May-16 21:09:39

Ted Baker?

another Ted B

and another

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 21:10:09

Oh that is very cute Laska. A bit too pretty for me but I can def see the appeal.

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 21:12:59

Oooh that pale blue one is lush. I think I'm going to have to do a mammoth order/trying on session tbh, so many pretty things!

Laska5772 Wed 11-May-16 21:15:27

The pale blue one comes in white also dragons

dragonsarebest Wed 11-May-16 21:22:33

I'd never have thought to look at Ted Baker, thanks for linking, Laska

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now