Talk

Advanced search

How would you accessorise this??

(5 Posts)
toastlover Tue 10-May-16 21:09:20

I'm going to a summer wedding and I've ordered this dress. It's a bit too big on the hips (but the next size down would be too small on waist. I'm really not sure about it but I'm desperate so it will have to do!

I've got no "eye" for style so would be really grateful if any of you could help with how to dress it. Do I need a jacket? What colour shoes/bag? I have very wide feet so quite limited with shoes. What about jewellery?

The wedding is mid June, I'm 35, 5ft 3 size 10.

http://m.oasis-stores.com/organza-midi-dress//oasis/fcp-product/5790865

toastlover Wed 11-May-16 11:28:58

Bump blush

RaeSkywalker Wed 11-May-16 11:39:51

Gorgeous dress! I'd probably accessorise with nude shoes and bag. You could also potentially go for gold. I love putting a pop of colour with dresses (like turquoise shoes), but I don't think I would with this dress.

I'd definitely take something to keep you warm. Not sure what color jacket I'd wear though! Maybe you could get away with a wrap in ivory/white?

As for jewellery, I probably wouldn't wear any. A simple bracelet at most?

I wore a dress similar to this to a wedding last year. I had my hair in a messy ballerina bun with a pink beaded alice band.

FashionLover1 Wed 11-May-16 14:41:21

Gorgeous dress. I would go with nude heels and pink/nude/white clutch.
Would accessorize with statement pearl necklace like this
I am sure you will look fabulous smile

toastlover Wed 11-May-16 20:19:49

Thank you both! Nude should be fairly easy to source. Will have a look at wraps and definitely that necklace Fashionlover. A messy bun might look good because the back is a deep v neck but always feel a bit exposed with my hair back.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now