Talk

Advanced search

Whyyyy has Footner stripped all the skin from the top of my feet leaving my hideous gnarled heels etc untouched??

(11 Posts)
ApologiesToInsectLife Tue 10-May-16 19:13:16

Just why?! Applied it last Thursday. Kept the socks on for 2 bloody hours. The only thing now peeling is the top of my feet. angry.

MiniCooperLover Tue 10-May-16 20:19:36

The skin on the top of your feet is thin, on the bottom thick. It will take more time. If you don't want the top to peel you should cover it with Vaseline. Why did you do for 2 hours? It's an acid ....

rubyslippers Tue 10-May-16 20:24:28

It says on the instructions to cover the tops of your feet with Vaseline

And leave on for an hour shock

ApologiesToInsectLife Tue 10-May-16 20:54:49

2 hours because I'd seen other threads suggesting 1 hour isn't enough blush. I'm not worried about the skin on the top of my feet tbh. It's not painful or anything. I just want it to work on the bottom of my trotters.

Bostin Wed 11-May-16 06:26:01

Are you soaking your feet?

Antoninaisintheroom Wed 11-May-16 06:59:15

I hear more and more of footner not doing the job. I have used Holika Holika one from Korea and everything came off beautifully - no need for soaking, you keep the socks for 50mins, the quality of the sock is so much better than of the footner, which looks like plastic bag shock, and they are only around £4! It really annoys me how korean beauty ideas are being copied, and how we are duped into paying much more for inferior product. I got a big shock when I saw how much footner was hmm

flirtygirl Wed 11-May-16 10:01:02

Yep agree with antonina try the holika holika or the tony moly versions, footner is just not as effective and four times the price.

Paulat2112 Wed 11-May-16 10:07:08

Can anyone suggest somewhere to buy holika holika from?

Antoninaisintheroom Wed 11-May-16 11:53:07

I get it off eBay www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOLIKA-HOLIKA-Baby-Silky-Foot-One-Shot-Peeling-Korea-Cosmetics-/271284280377?hash=item3f29cd9c39:g:E4UAAOxyLN9SjATV
It takes around 10-14 days to arrive.

keeponkeepinon Wed 11-May-16 13:31:51

Id like to try these. Is it better to soak your feet in water before applying then? And what about callouses? Can it work deeply enough?

ApologiesToInsectLife Wed 11-May-16 18:35:29

Yes I've been soaking my feet. It will be a week tomorrow since I used them and there's been very minimal peeling on the parts of my feet that need it most. At £20 it's been an expensive lesson. Will consider the kolika one. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now