Powder to reduce shine that doesn't make the skin look dry!

(18 Posts)
Indecisivejo Tue 10-May-16 14:30:34

My skin is very dehydrated and powder just looks awful on me but I still get a shine that I want to control, does anyone know a powder that literally takes away shine without adding anything to the skin if that makes sense

Nabootique Tue 10-May-16 14:40:39

Have you tried blotting papers? They absorb the oil, rather than adding powder to the skin, which then absorbs the oil, if you see what I mean.

Indecisivejo Tue 10-May-16 15:03:36

No haven't tried these, can u get them in packs?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 10-May-16 15:05:20

Lily Lolo, fab stuff.

Nabootique Tue 10-May-16 15:10:14

Yes. I haven't bought any recently so don't have a recommendation as such. I think chemists must stock them though. The last ones I used were from the Body Shop.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 10-May-16 15:16:54

I prefer an oil absorbing primer to get a long lasting matte look. No7 in Boots or Rimmel stay matte primer.
Exfoliate and moisturise well to get an even base as possible.

Nksw Tue 10-May-16 15:16:56

NYX finishing power... It says it's HD studio and photogenique too. hmm

But stops my shine all day without looking like I've rolled in icing sugar/cracking.

Bloody messy as its loose powder though. Much better than MAC and every other thing I've used. Exact dupe of a MUFE one apparently...

ukgirlatheart Tue 10-May-16 16:02:12

Mines the same. I have found the following helps me:

Use Garnier cleansing water to take make up off (green bottle)
Splash face with water.
Then Nip and Fab Dragons Blood wipes #
Finish off with Garnier Oil free moisturiser (green tube)

Indecisivejo Tue 10-May-16 16:20:45

Thanks all, not looking for skincare product recommendations tho.
Loved the no7 pore minimising primer but it's silicone based so gave me loads of spots grrrrr!

cheval Tue 10-May-16 16:28:36

JML (yes, those of the weird wonder gadgets) do a product called Mineral Magic. Got it for £10 from ASDA. It's a powder with brush, with different coloured particles in it and it's very good at getting rid of shine and also at disguising any blemishes. You only need to use a little.

botemp Tue 10-May-16 17:17:26

At the risk of telling you what not to use as it works great for me, Laura Mercier Translucent Powder. It's very lightweight does not show up as powder and more importantly doesn't dehydrate. There's one by By Terry too that contains hyaluronic acid powder but I've never tried it.

Be mindful of the oil blotting papers though, I've only ever tried them on my slightly oily nose in summer and I think it encourages to produce more oil but it just might be me... Also, some are fragranced I know you're sensitive to that too.

MsBojangles Tue 10-May-16 17:33:15

Spray MAC Fix+ or something similar, to get rid of any powdery cakiness, anything that come out in a fine mist and doesn't contain alcohol will do

Nerdygalwithabook Tue 10-May-16 17:34:09

I use all pound land makeup. Animal products free mostly and not tested on animals. The powder is amazing and I tend to get dry skin/ reactions sometimes! The range is so good

BringMeTea Tue 10-May-16 18:00:28

Second NYX HD loose powder.

tonitaka27 Tue 10-May-16 18:05:56

I use the Laura Mercier translucent powder to get rid of the shine and it is oil-free. Works really well for me.

Lenazabaglione Tue 10-May-16 19:55:51

MAC Prep + Prime finishing powder, loose or pressed, mattifies without looking powdery or adding anything. I have similar skin to you and am really, really pleased with this.....still tempted to try the NARS version though.

nannyplumislostinspace Tue 10-May-16 20:21:57

Kiko do a great matifying finishing powder. Really cheap too!

ProjectGainsborough Tue 10-May-16 23:09:26

The by terry hyuralonic powder is supposed to be good for dehydrated skin. It's on my list to try.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now