breast augmentation initial consultation.

(5 Posts)
stringvest Mon 09-May-16 22:19:54

very small/ mis shaped bust on a fairly lean but large frame and paranoid about it since childhood. i know it wont solve everything but it will solve of one of a long list!

what do i need to ask, i know there are loads of threads about this already but what about the practicalities afterwards and if things go wrong and cost to save for contingencies?

will people notice/ what excuse did you give about swollen chest and being absent for a while (school run/ work)?

if you have no family in the same country apart from dh, how do you do normal life with dcs under 6?

sorry, very vague.

anyone about who has has had this recently? im in east mids/birmingham area.

Becoolio Mon 09-May-16 22:43:58

I had one augmentation pre-kids and a replacement 15 years later post-kids. The recovery time seemed longer the first time. Not sure why, just more trauma to the body? I had awful bruising the first time as if I had been in a car crash and the implants felt odd.

I chose a time when I was already off work for a couple of weeks. At the time of the second op I was a single parent to two young dc so had to carry on pretty much as normal after 24 hours which was probably against medical advice eg doing the school run and driving within days. Dc were not babes in arms though. You would not be able to pick up a baby or play with a toddler.

I also didn't tell people although friends I know who had augmentations seemed to tell everyone which is probably best as they could rest and take advantage of any help offered. Both also were entitled to time off work.

As for what could go wrong, discuss that with your doctor. I was delighted with the result myself.

Becoolio Mon 09-May-16 22:45:24

You asked if people noticed. I would say a few people probably did but only one person ever asked me directly.

Pisssssedofff Tue 10-May-16 07:33:34

Nobody noticed with me until I started wearing loads of boob friendly stick em out there clothes lol
Post surgery I had three under six and well you just have to crack on dong you

Pisssssedofff Tue 10-May-16 07:33:43

*dont

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now