Talk

Advanced search

Post baby body/breastfeeding summer issues

(7 Posts)
Nicnak2223 Mon 09-May-16 20:57:23

Hi,

I'm 5 months post baby and not losing the weight I want (mostly due to chocolate intake blush)

I've lived on jeans/leggings long vests and tops to do a one up one down breast feed but this isn't practical for summer.

I was a 10/12 and was a fan of shorts/skirts with vest or strapless tops. But realistically am now a wobbly 14sad

I'm also on a budget, so I have nothing to wear!

Looking for any advice on what to wear?

BananaPie Mon 09-May-16 21:14:36

Try these dresses - cheap and cool for the summer:

www.mamafeelsgood.com/breastfeeding-dresses/

Or even their t-shirts are pretty good.

Ilovetoast12 Mon 09-May-16 21:18:10

Wow, I'm in a very similar position to you, I could've written the same things! I'd be interested to know what you do with the clothes situ.

I'm also strapped but hoping to visit Primark and H&M sometime soon and see what might inspire me. Hope you find something to wear soon!

Nicnak2223 Mon 09-May-16 22:20:31

I'm thinking primary and h and M too, hopefully find some bargains to make me feel better soon.

Thanks for the dresses link, they are indeed a bargain.

puglife15 Tue 10-May-16 05:37:24

You could wear shorts and stretchy vest and pull the vest down? You could wear a floaty vest over a bandeau or tight strappy vest if you wanted something to skim your tummy.

I've got a few cotton button up/ shirt dresses, I'll just unbutton and go but you could wear a cotton cropped vest underneath and pull that up for more modesty... there are loads of shirt dresses this season but a lot are in nasty man made fabric.

I also wear very thin light boyfriend fit cotton shirts tucked in to shorts.

Welshcake77 Tue 10-May-16 08:34:37

There are lots of dresses and play suits with wrap fronts in primark and new look at the moment. They are pretty easy to BF in and you can just put a muslin over shoulder if you want a bit more cover.

Also if you're on FB join the group can I breastfeed in it uk? There are loads of tips, ideas and links on there for this kind of thing!

Nicnak2223 Tue 10-May-16 14:46:14

Thanks everyone, welsh I am on that fb page and had forgotten about it. Time to go and have a look!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now