Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lumea

(14 Posts)
MoreKopparbergthanKrug Mon 09-May-16 17:26:37

Apart from a handful of occasions, I've always shaved my legs. But I'm starting to get really bad ingrowing hairs and even when newly shaved, you can see the black dots of the hairs - might be my age, I'm nearly 41(?)

I've never waxed much because I always thought waxing increased the risk of ingrowing hairs. Last time I booked in for a full leg wax, the beautician even recommended I didn't have my lower legs done as my hair is so coarse "it would be a recipe for disaster".

So, is a Lumea the answer to my prayers? Is it more likely to cause ingrowing hairs? I don't mind spending the £££ if it gets rid of the hair - tbh I don't mind as long as it doesn't cause any more ingrowing pustules (God, I'm a catch!)

SwingingFromTheChanderlier Mon 09-May-16 21:02:00

The Lumea works by sending heat down the hair which is transferred to the follicle sending it into 'sleep mode' and in turn inhibits growth resulting in the hair shedding.

BennyTheBall Mon 09-May-16 21:03:52

I have one and it is bloody brilliant.

It works best on pale skin and dark hair.

If I remember to use it - I remain hair free for months

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Mon 09-May-16 21:21:19

Thanks... It does sound good. Does it hurt?

justabigdisco Mon 09-May-16 21:25:46

I also really struggled with ingrowing hairs. I have pale skin and darkish hair. The Lumea has been brilliant and it doesn't hurt at all, even on the highest setting.

BennyTheBall Mon 09-May-16 21:27:54

No, it doesn't hurt! It's just a flash of light.

MissWimpyDimple Mon 09-May-16 21:34:05

Mine has quite literally changed my life.

Sounds extreme but I was at the end of my tether with facial and bikini hair and felt very self conscious and had tried everything.

Will say though that legs are fiddly and take a while.

SmileAndNod Mon 09-May-16 21:43:58

Yep I can't get the hang of legs either. Any tips?

Only had mine for about 6 weeks and used it twice but the results are good so far. I just can't seem to manage the legs...

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Mon 09-May-16 21:52:10

So why are legs so fiddly? It's mainly legs I want it for (that and bikini...)

BennyTheBall Mon 09-May-16 22:08:22

The skinnier bits of your legs are more tricky.

I have to push my surrounding leg up to engulf the bulb area, iyswim.

justabigdisco Mon 09-May-16 23:23:45

Legs are fine. Make sure you get one with 'slide and flash' feature as it does make it a bit easier. It's just a faff to sit there and do it, esp as you have to shave first. But well worth it!

MoreKopparbergthanKrug Tue 10-May-16 14:30:53

Right, it's purchased and will arrive on Thursday...I will report back!

Lndnmummy Tue 10-May-16 14:33:13

Which one should I get? So many versions! Please help!

BennyTheBall Tue 10-May-16 20:05:34

I have got one with the slide and flash but not the facial attachment as I don't have any facial hair - yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now