Talk

Advanced search

Urgent!!!

(10 Posts)
Kirriemuir Mon 09-May-16 15:41:11

I have a corporate thing all day on Thursday. Weather usually thankfully dry but chilly so my outfit this year is a blue maxi skirt with a black v neck t shirt and blazer.

Sod's law this year it's to be about 20 degrees and I know I am going to melt on black

What colours go with this skirt

Skirt

Any thoughts? White or cream jacket but what top? I need to order and have delivered to home on Wednesday and hope for the best!

blueskyinmarch Mon 09-May-16 16:02:39

What’s wrong with wearing the black one? A light coloured t shirt won’t be less hot than a black t shirt.

Floisme Mon 09-May-16 16:10:49

I will be drummed out of Style and Beauty for saying this but I like blue with green.

umiaisha Mon 09-May-16 16:20:27

I really like coral with bright blue.

Kirriemuir Mon 09-May-16 16:24:17

Because my jacket will be on and black absorbs heat! Don't want to be too hot and sweaty!

nancy75 Mon 09-May-16 16:26:28

20 really isn't that hot, I think the black absorbing heat thing is at much higher temperatures

UntilTheCowsComeHome Mon 09-May-16 16:30:07

I'm sure it said on QI that the whole 'black absorbs heat' thing was bollocks. It's just that black/dark clothing tends to be thicker material to hold the colour better.

Kirriemuir Mon 09-May-16 16:37:01

Nancy I am in Scotland. 20 is tropical lol!

nancy75 Mon 09-May-16 16:46:10

kirrie, you should have said Scotland! In that case I would advise not going to the meeting and sitting in your garden to make the most of the weather, it might not happen again grin

Kirriemuir Mon 09-May-16 16:48:00

Haha! Decent crowd of people so all good company and looking forward to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now