Bra revelation!

(6 Posts)
Jmangel Mon 09-May-16 13:31:45

I kept reading on here that we should go and get measured and finally had a window yesterday so off I went to Boux Avenue. Gobsmacked that I am a 32D!! Feel like a proper woman and look sooo much better in my t shirt today. You ladies were right as always. Cost me £100 but so worth it - thanks guys. Also learned which type bra to get - balconette as I'm bottom heavy(!).

leedy Mon 09-May-16 13:43:19

Heh, it's amazing when you get into the right size, isn't it?

I was talking to a bra fitter in one of my local department stores yesterday and marvelling at how I'm sized out of some of the "fashion" brands (Calvin Klein and your perfect-looking bra for under a dress I'm wearing to a wedding, I'm looking at you) given that I'm a DD/E and not particularly busty. She said that yes, DD is actually relatively small and most of the people buying very small cup sizes just haven't been measured properly. We then had a moment of silence to imagine how terrible I looked in the B cup M&S put me in.

Jmangel Mon 09-May-16 13:51:01

I know right - in my head I'm small too - I had been wearing b cups before today but did always feel a bit squashed in them but thought that was good cleavage!! Do you think there's some kind of reverse vanity sizing with bras - so the bras have got smaller so that we think we're bigger?! I certainly feel more confident today and like a "proper" woman with a D cup!

MeadowHay Mon 09-May-16 19:52:48

The first time I got properly fitted, a good many years ago now, I was wearing a 32A or a 34A I can't remember...I'm a 30DD. shock It makes me sad how many people wear completely the wrong bra size. It makes such a difference.

Boux Avenue was a good call, I've been fitted there before and the staff were great and really helpful. I buy quite a lot of my underwear from there.

Jmangel Mon 09-May-16 22:42:49

Yes I was really impressed with Boux service - they couldn't do enough for me. Never been in there before but I had a gift card. It reminded me of La Senza - funny how that's now gone but Boux seems to be ding well with an almost identical formula.

Jmangel Mon 09-May-16 22:43:13

That was doing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now