Talk

Advanced search

Footwear for summer rains

(8 Posts)
ImYourWomanJonSnow Mon 09-May-16 12:08:34

Can I ask what do you wear in the summer when it's tipping it down (as is forecast for tomorrow for example). In the winter I just chuck on my Blundstone boots and thick socks but they're way too heavy and hot for this time of year.

In the past I had some low cut patent leather brogues but they're dead now and I'm looking for something different.

ShoesieQ Mon 09-May-16 13:16:02

I own a couple of shoe shops so get asked this a lot! Basic tip is to go for anything with a flatform/platform as it means water doesn't seep through the soles in the same way. The best ones for me have been by Skechers - cos even if you do get wet feet in them they dry really quickly. But they are v casual. Any good?

ImYourWomanJonSnow Mon 09-May-16 13:34:52

Ah good tip about platform, thanks ShoesieQ. I do have a pair of black loafers with quite a thick rubber sole, but they feel very dark and heavy for this time of year.

Skechers would be too casual even for my casual office sad

burnishedsilver Mon 09-May-16 14:31:12

I find leather converse good for this.

ImYourWomanJonSnow Mon 09-May-16 14:49:07

I was hoping to find something more shoe-type that I can wear to work...

These are at least not dark but I'm not 100% in love with them.

www.plumo.com/products/Argento-shoe.html

But starting to think I should be looking for silver/gold as they will go with more things...

ShoesieQ Mon 09-May-16 15:28:23

Think Pewter's a really good idea if you can find it - goes with everything and is one of THE big trends for this Autumn too (I've bought shedloads for my shop!).

As for the ones on the link I've just spotted they're by Miista. We sold them a couple of years ago and the quality was shocking sad.

Fly London do lots of platforms, though I know they're a bit marmite-y - and may still be too casual. Will have another think...........

ImYourWomanJonSnow Mon 09-May-16 17:32:19

These are the ones I had, old grey patent brogues from Toast. They don't do them anymore sad. They're great colour, not as harsh as black and they went with everything. I'll miss them pin.it/JZYgCdw

Littlelondoner Tue 10-May-16 14:20:36

Not espadrilles. Learned that today the hard way angry soggy feet and 10x heavier. Great!

Usually I would wear brogues or ankle booties with a dress with my legs out. So I feel a bit cooler.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now