Talk

Advanced search

I'm 50 next month. Inspire me :)

(4 Posts)
70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 08-May-16 21:56:35

So........no mid life crisis (yet) but I know DH will ask me what I want and I want something nice for me grin

I'm 5'5", 14 bust/12 hips / too much round the belly but I have lost weight and inches so that's improving.

I have short hair that I'm thinking of growing, I do henna myself.
I have no need for manicures , I cannot wear nail product at work.
I am already at the stage where I think "Oh you look comfy" rather than "Oh I love those heels" when I buy shoes.

I have one pair of jeans (Next) because I mainly wear jeggings (I had surgery on my abdomen so it was tender for a while)

I have ordered some earrings but I don't wear a lot of jewellry.
I have perfume
I've bought bras/pants
I don't own any clothes that I would be ashamed to go out in, no scruffy baggy arsed trackie bottoms after my wardrobe cull.
Not in the market for botox or teeth whitening thanks grin

I'm going to book a salon spray tan and eyelash/eyebrow dye for my Birthday Weekend, so I can step into my next decade glowing and without having to draw on my eyes.
No skin issues so I don't fancy a facial,
I do my own waxing.

DH will start asking me soon, what is out there that I haven't considered.
TIA

Nepotism Sun 08-May-16 22:25:33

I'd ask for a beautiful soft leather jacket, pale grey or tan....no DH here but it's the sort of thing George Clooney will buy me when he sees the error of his ways.

Floisme Sun 08-May-16 23:00:51

I also have a big birthday in a few months - although I'm a decade ahead of you!

If I'm asked, I think I'll go for something by Vivienne Westwood as she's been a style heroine for the last 40 years and I've never owned anything of hers. I know you say you don't wear much jewelry but I think that might be my choice - something I'd wear every day, not put away for special occasions that never happen.

My second choice would probably be a leather jacket like Nepotism's

Or enough Spanx to last me the rest of my life.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 08-May-16 23:13:44

Bags wear out, fall out of fashion. Jewellery is with you forever and is a nice memory. Equally a perfume can remind you of a time as does music. Why not combine all 3? INclude a trip somewhere with your new look? Sounds good to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now