Talk

Advanced search

Need a new skin routine - and foundation looks shite on me

(5 Posts)
LisaRinnasLips Sun 08-May-16 20:54:40

So what can I wear instead? PLEASE help a new mum who looks shit.

I'm pale but not Ivory - I have pinky yellow tones and freckles. Spot prone around chin and large pores around nose.

When I've worn foundation in the last month it's looked v heavy and mask-like which I hate.
Please recommend me your best alternatives!

Also I've just had a baby so skin routine has gone out the window but I'm slowly coming back and need a good routine. Is Clinique any good?

Thank you!

CookieDoughKid Sun 08-May-16 21:47:56

Try a bb cream for a more sheer natural look. Go to Boots .lots and lots of brands offer it. Clinique does a version too.

phoolani Sun 08-May-16 22:27:27

I've just started with chantecaille's Just Skin tinted moisturiser. As someone who finds even tinted moisturiser too heavy at times, I love this - it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all. It only gives light coverage, tho. Not cheap either. But lovely.

LisaRinnasLips Mon 09-May-16 08:23:48

Thank you!

CancelledCheque Mon 09-May-16 10:22:36

I love Liz Earle for a good cleanse/tone/moisturise skin routine. I started with her cleanse and polish, which comes with a muslin cloth and really feels like your skin has been cleaned properly. I progressed to trying different moisturisers and now have settled on her superskin one with neroli. The spray on toner is lovely and I never go without it now.
At night I love using the superskin concentrate. It's really 'botanical' smelling and is my last thing to do before bed.
I barely wore makeup at all and tried a couple of different bb creams etc, but they never matched my skin properly and were always obvious. I'm so glad I got up the courage to go to the Bobbi Brown counter at John Lewis and got my foundation colour matched properly. I have been using quite a sheer foundation called Intensive Skin Serum foundation, which looks like skin and gives quite a dewy complexion.
I would honestly go and get your foundation matched! Made a big difference for me.
Sorry for essay, I am not much of a beauty products tart but tried a lot before I settled on these ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now