Foundation sitting in pores

(10 Posts)
SwingingFromTheChanderlier Sat 07-May-16 21:53:49

I like my Chanel foundation, colour match great and good for my skin type but.... It sits in my pores especially on my nose and chin. It results I. My foundation being all pin prick dotty! Help, where am I going wrong?!

FutureGadgetsLab Sat 07-May-16 21:54:09

Primer.

SwingingFromTheChanderlier Sat 07-May-16 21:58:18

Does primer really work? I've tried so many products over the years (to be fair not for this current problem) and really don't want to waste money on a gimmick.

future which primer would you recommend?

AtSea1979 Sat 07-May-16 22:15:09

Benefit POREfessional

FutureGadgetsLab Sat 07-May-16 22:17:06

It does! I really like the POREfessional from Benefit, or Smashbox's primer. I notice a big difference when I use primer, it keeps my makeup looking smooth!

Also Urban Decay make some setting sprays which is like hairspray for your face, it helps keep your makeup look like its been just applied.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sat 07-May-16 22:17:27

Lanacane anti chaff gel- same ingredients as the Smashbox one. Works brilliantly.

Ponymagic Sat 07-May-16 23:24:29

I am/was the same, OP. Apparently if you have dry skin don't use Porefessional! It contains silicone which dries the skin out even more. The lady on the Laura Mercier counter told me that last week - she used to work for Benefit. As a result I changed from Porefessional to Laura Mercier primer and apply my foundation with fingers rather than my brush - and am using Nip & Fab Glycolic pads then rose oil overnight ..... my foundation looks so much better and no longer sits in the pores on my chin (how well you describe that pin prick look)! However, because I did all above plus new foundation simultaneously, I have no idea which product has changed things!

phoolani Sat 07-May-16 23:57:55

I was going to,suggest the Laura mercier primer, too. I,also really like the pixi one I've just started using.

It is worth trying Lanacane if you're happy with a gel type rather than a cream one. Such a cheap option in comparison with LM, Smashbox etc.

VodkaValiumLattePlease Sun 08-May-16 14:28:07

What primer does is basically fill in the pores so your foundation doesn't. That's all a basic primer will do for you it isn't a miracle worker. I love make up forever's step 1 in the hydration formula

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now