Talk

Advanced search

opinions on this bag please

(13 Posts)
Wenchelda Sat 07-May-16 21:20:59

https://uk.westfield.com/london/products/uk-radley/radley-london-mercer-street-medium-zip-top-grab-bag/0a6aac90-3354-40b0-bc74-46c39bd0db98

I don't generally like Radley. Cross body bags often feel somehow awkward on me. I've never had a bag with "grab handles" rather than longer ones that go on my shoulder. It's orange! But for some reason I am drawn to it .....Opinions please?

HixieRice Sat 07-May-16 21:30:39

Meh, looks more peach than orange to me, and a bit cheap, sorry

Nearlyadoctor Sat 07-May-16 21:33:33

I really like it as a 'summer bag'. Good price too.

MrsLettuce Sat 07-May-16 21:34:15

It's really not to my taste but that's surely not relevant, is it? An orange bad sounds like a good thing to have. Rather fancy one myself but I've got a lovely mustardy yellow one so it'd be hard to justify.

blusty Sat 07-May-16 21:44:21

ok if you are under 30

Looks too techie for older

MrsLettuce Sat 07-May-16 21:52:04

I think it's officially Coral rather than orange. It looks more coral than orange too.

SwingingFromTheChanderlier Sat 07-May-16 22:09:48

I don't general like many of the bags posters ask for advice on here but... I really quite like it for summer. I'm also nearing 40!

Wenchelda Sat 07-May-16 22:14:52

I agree it's more coral than orange. For some reason it just appeals to me, when in theory it's nothing I'd usually go for in a bag (though maybe that's a good thing - I have a cupboard full of bags completely different to this but none of them feel right to me when I actually use them!) I'm mid 30's but don't have the need for a "grown up" looking leather bag so something more casual is fine. I've ordered it to see what it's like IRL.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 08-May-16 11:09:54

I've no idea why Radley get such a bad rap on MN. They are well made,not overly expensive and last ages.

Go for it if you like it OPsmile

Wenchelda Tue 10-May-16 08:39:25

If anyone is interested, I ordered the bag and it's lovely. Even nicer IRL than in the picture. Seems gods quality and has a lovely feel to it - it's soft and squashy but at the same time structured enough that it keeps its shape and the contents doesn't flop all over the place. Perfect size for me too. Glad I took the plunge!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Tue 10-May-16 08:48:51

Great! smile

MrsJayy Tue 10-May-16 08:52:10

Oh you bought it good its nice quite fancy it for myself.

Wenchelda Tue 10-May-16 11:16:31

I might even get the black version for winter ... Shame it doesn't come in more colours as I generally don't like black but it's such a lovely bag I may have to make an exception!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now