Foundation to cover rosacea redness

(25 Posts)
wigglybeezer Sat 07-May-16 20:45:53

Almost without noticing it at first i have developed rosacea and have the characteristic redness and some bumps on cheeks. I am not a big make up wearer and have a Liz Earle tinted moisturiser and foundation, that I wear sometimes. I have a very pale complexion ( or it was before I went red!) And combination skin. I need good coverage but not heavy feeling or liable to sink into wrinkles! Going to a Bare minerals consultation, anyone found anything else that worked for them?

TradGirl Sat 07-May-16 20:50:37

I like Bare Minerals but use the Ready to Wear, not the buffing one. The buffing started to irritate my skin but the ready to wear powder is great and has a lovely soft brush. It sweeps on in seconds and the redness beneath it just looks like a nice rosy flush of colour.

CleopatraCominAtcha Sat 07-May-16 21:09:29

Bourjois City Radiance is looking OK over my rosacea skin, which sounds similar to yours OP. Nars All Day Luminous Weightless also good, more coverage (and more ££). And for tinted moisturiser, Origins Vitazing hasn’t irritated either.

YouMakeMyDreams Sat 07-May-16 21:13:00

I use Bare minerals Ready as well. I got the brush as well. Used it for my wedding skin looked great all day. I also use Estée Lauder double wear. I don't use it all over because I find it too mask like. I use something lighter (usually a cheapy one) and use the dw on my red areas. It dries quickly and builds up well.

wigglybeezer Sat 07-May-16 21:13:46

Anyone had treatment from the GP that helped? Only tried the gel so far, which didn't have much effect.

QforCucumber Sat 07-May-16 21:16:09

Rosex cream worked for a while for me bit then stopped and I never got an alternative. I use boots no 7 lasting finish foundation applied with a beauty blender - so far best coverage 2nd to double wear but find that too heavy in warm weather

CremeBrulee Sat 07-May-16 21:24:15

Estée Lauder Doublewear light -covers my resort he's fully and wears on, so it looks better by the end of the day.

jalopy Sat 07-May-16 21:50:40

Vichy Dermablend fluid foundation is very good.

Flustarhymes Sat 07-May-16 21:53:33

I've been using this Clinique one. m.lookfantastic.com/clinique-redness-solutions-make-up-spf15-30ml/11144440.html?utm_source=googleprod&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=gp_bodycare&affil=thggpsad&switchcurrency=GBP&shippingcountry=GB&gclid=CLOYs7jryMwCFZadGwodP20GmQ&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKPA5LjryMwCFQx12wod9vEAGw&variation=11144442

It corrects the colour well. It's perhaps slightly on the dry side, but still it's a trusted favourite.

TradGirl Sun 08-May-16 17:34:20

The thing I like about Bare Minerals is that my skin has never reacted to it. So others I can wear for a while and then one day, they start triggering a flare up. I wore a nice Clarins illuminator for ages, then over a few days my skin got sensitised to it and I had to stop. Whereas BM I've been wearing on and off for years and never had a problem with it. With the Ready to Wear, I don't even use the base, just sweep the powder straight on over my moisturiser and it seems to last all day.

haveacupoftea Sun 08-May-16 19:15:20

Another vote for Clinique redness solutions here

Littleallovertheshop Sun 08-May-16 19:20:13

I always wear bare minerals on mine - I think they also do a specific rosacea undercoat thing.

CherryBlossom321 Sun 08-May-16 19:24:15

Yep, Clinique redness solutions - using the cleanser and moisturiser too has reduced my redness generally.

SandyAndy Sun 08-May-16 19:32:27

I have had rosacea for a number of years. The pill helps (dianette) but I always wear cover up makeup. Estee lauder doublewear maximum cover camouflage makeup works brilliantly for me and I wouldn't leave the house without it. You only need to use a little and blend really well. If you go to an estee lauder counter they will colour match you.

LadyAntonella Sun 08-May-16 19:43:18

Another vote for Bare Minerals. My skin didn't seem to like Clinique Redness Solutions for some reason.

mrsvilliers Sun 08-May-16 22:18:40

Have you changed your moisturiser or other skincare at all? I find whenever I use a different one to normal I get rosacea flare ups. Switching back to my standard products calms it right down.

mrsvilliers Sun 08-May-16 22:20:25

And I've found Clarins Instant Concealer good for coverage, a little goes a long way.

Lollylovesbones Sun 08-May-16 22:27:22

I've recently started using Estée Lauder double wear and using almond oil as a night moisturiser - the almond oil seems to have really helped. In the pastI've been prescribed antibiotics which did help but weren't something I wanted to take long term

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 08-May-16 22:32:28

I prefer Lily Lolo to BM but have recently discovered Max Factor Miracle Illusion ( think that's what it's called) it's the one on a compact. I use a stipple brush to apply.

Andthereshewas77 Sun 08-May-16 22:34:54

I vote for Clinique redness solutions as well. It's amazing and lasts for months.

amarmai Mon 09-May-16 14:55:09

has anyone tried antibiotic ointment? To counteract the redness , wd a coverup with a light green tinge work?

theredjellybean Mon 09-May-16 14:58:36

lymecycline antibiotics tablets...only thing that works and i will flare up if i miss just one.

I had very severe allergic reaction to bare minerals...

I am currently using bobbi brown tinted moisteriser seems to be ok

Katnipp Mon 09-May-16 19:15:27

Try using a green colour corrector first. I have quite red broken veins by my nose and this makes such a difference. Only need a light coverage after that. Touché eclat were doing colour corrector pens but seen budget pallets (where you normally have 4 colours including green).

Ferrerotoffeemint Mon 09-May-16 19:25:48

Red cheeks are the bane of my life.

At the moment I like Ysl, clarins everlasting,and dermablend.

Today I got,samples of the following to try. Mac studio fix and nars sheer glow (in the bottle) and a Clinique one.

The following don't suit me at all, bourjois city radiance and Bobby brown serum foundation as they really sit in my pores which have never showed up with any other foundation before.

Cheap foundations do nothing for my skin annoyingly.

Estée Lauder double was sadly too drying on my skin.

Ferrerotoffeemint Mon 09-May-16 19:28:42

I have Chanel les beiges to try and Chanel lift and luminate.

I hated No 7 stay perfect it was too slippy and patchy.

I think right now I have combination skin which was oily but is now more dry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now