Talk

Advanced search

Help me to find some summer shoes!

(16 Posts)
Honeymoonmummy Sat 07-May-16 16:13:25

Hi all, I'll get straight to the point, I'm a size 9 and I have a fungal nail infection on my big toe which I'm using a polish based medicine on which I'm told will take a few months and the instructions say don't use nail varnish on top. So I'm stuck facing a summer of having no lovely cool sandals or espadrilles with the toes peeping out.

I like espadrilles with a small wedge (not too high - I'm tall) but happy to look at other options. Except gladiator sandals - truly hate those things!! Any thoughts please? It needs to be cool as I can get sweaty of foot in summer!

Oh and nothing too expensive, say £20-25 max. I've looked in my usual places for shoes - Debenhams, new look and some others but nothing takes my fancy.

Anyone??

Honeymoonmummy Sat 07-May-16 21:17:19

Found some! They're so cheap I've ordered them in black and red! smile

https://m.zalando.co.uk/anna-field-wedges-black-an611ia0l-q11.html?size=9

Honeymoonmummy Wed 11-May-16 20:46:21

Argh! Got these delivered today and my stupid hormone ravaged spreading flat feet are too wide for them, not by a huge lot but enough that you can see foot going past espadrille... Help people! I was hoping to wear them Saturday and I don't live near a city!!! confused

Honeymoonmummy Wed 11-May-16 21:13:25

Ive tried these

Evans
Simply be
Very 
Debs
JL
Asos 
M and s 
Next (every size 9 sandal) 

Honeymoonmummy Wed 11-May-16 21:39:42

Now tried these too

New look 
Clarks 
Jd williams 
Hotter
Brantano 
DP 

Help meeeeeee!

Propolis Wed 11-May-16 22:08:33

Got no advice but didn't like seeing you alone on your thread smile good luck finding your shoes.

Honeymoonmummy Wed 11-May-16 22:12:58

Aww thanks Propolis! At least someone cares! hmmgrin

Maverick66 Wed 11-May-16 22:27:31

My sympathies OP I'm looking wide fit leather sandals with leather insole not that horrible suede feeling insole but as I have wide feet and the beginnings of bunions and a size 8 they seem to be impossible to find . Have you tried TKMaxx online?

ProfFJLewis Thu 12-May-16 10:58:27

Have you tried Yours OP? They are quite good for bigger sizes I think. Couldn't see any wedge espadrilles but they have some flat ones; or maybe some casual plimsolls if that is your sort of thing?

ProfFJLewis Thu 12-May-16 11:12:37

...or some block heels from Tesco?

lilydaisyrose Thu 12-May-16 11:16:07

I'm a size 8 with wide feet. I got lovely silvery/grey glittery canvas slip on shoes from Asda at the weekend - £8!

m.direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=G005363765&cmpid=ppc-_-george-_-ggle-pla-_-OD34WOMENS_CLOTHING-_--_-dskwid-s92700010644460983_dm&gclid=CLL_9_um1MwCFUHGGwodebUDqw

Honeymoonmummy Thu 12-May-16 20:37:28

Ooh I like the asda sparkle pumps but they're sold out of 9s grr! I haven't tried tkmaxx, will look now thanks all.

Honeymoonmummy Thu 12-May-16 23:13:05

Nothing in TK Maxx. I give up. Thanks anyway all!

ProfFJLewis Fri 13-May-16 11:17:50

Before you give up completely OP, just saw these in Dorothy Perkins in the sale:

Wedge espadrille.

They come in gold and tan as well. Not wide fit but might be worth a try at that price!

Honeymoonmummy Fri 13-May-16 19:38:23

Prof I could kiss you!! flowersOrdered. smile

Honeymoonmummy Tue 17-May-16 11:27:13

Just coming back to report they've just arrived and they're just about wide enough!! flowerssmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now