Talk

Advanced search

Summer Cardigans

(27 Posts)
ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 15:00:47

Where is the best place for cardigans?

I like wearing dresses and I'm looking for a white 3/4 sleeved cardigan that's nice quality.
Any ideas? I went shopping today and couldn't find any!

I like the little H&M cotton ones for a tenner.

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 15:17:56

I had a look in there but couldn't find any! Although DS was getting impatient so I did just rush round

Must admit I haven't looked this year yet, but they've had them for the last couple of summers. Not seen many cotton ones so far this year, but it's the only fabric that's any use for summer cardigans.

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 15:25:01

I do love their long sleeved ones, I wear them in the winter and they always stay looking nice. I'll keep looking!
I'll see if they any 3/4 sleeved ones online!

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 15:35:06

I've found some and they seem to be under the name "shrug" sometimes!

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 15:41:44

Still can't find one I like/ that aren't £100+ so any suggestions are still welcome! smile

WhiteHairReally Sat 07-May-16 17:08:43

Woolovers cotton and silk cardigans?
m.woolovers.com/cotton-silk/womens/flannel-grey/cropped-crew-cardigan.aspx?gclid=CLT3z5msyMwCFcYcGwodSk4KGg&gclsrc=aw.ds

I like their cotton silk combo for a summer cardi.

nothanksbyenow Sat 07-May-16 17:13:28

I had a check on the cardigan I just got from debenhams, but it's made of bloody viscose and nylon. Gutted I didn't notice! Will check out h&m next time I get a chance, thank you remus

hollieberrie Sat 07-May-16 17:16:41

I get most of my cardies from Fat Face. I love them and they wash and wear well.
www.fatface.com/cardigans/annie-cardigan/invt/910661#ff_colour=White

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 20:01:53

Thank you for the suggestions! Still haven't found what I'm looking for unfortunately.
They have exactly what I want in new look for £10 each but they aren't cotton! Very annoying, I didn't realise it'd be such a challenge to find a cardigan!

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 20:02:37

84% polyester and 16% nylon, I don't know if that's good or bad but I assume bad?

ThomasHardyPerennial Sat 07-May-16 20:13:48

The Red Herring label in Debenhams have 3/4 length sleeve cardigans, they are not 100% cotton, but around 80 if I remember correctly. Boden do some cropped cardigans that have 3/4 sleeves, and they may have some in the clearance section too. Also worth checking it the supermarkets - I saw some in Tesco a few weeks ago.

Youremywifenow Sat 07-May-16 20:34:49

Few in M&S (have been looking for the same thing today - I went for the last one)
www.marksandspencer.com/open-front-pointelle-cardigan/p/p60081169?prevPage=plp
www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-pointelle-cardigan/p/p22427158?prevPage=plp
www.marksandspencer.com/cotton-rich-crochet-back-cardigan/p/p22452910?prevPage=plp
www.marksandspencer.com/pure-cotton-pointelle-cover-up-cardigan/p/p22443255

Like the look of that Fat Face one in grey. Has it got a lacy back?

Hate the porridge-y colours of the M&S ones.

hollieberrie Sat 07-May-16 20:56:52

No is not lace its just a patterning in the knit, very subtle, they call it "pointelle" confused
Theyre lovely cardies, i have it in variety of colours!

Thanks. Have never been a FF person at all, but bought a jumper there recently which I'm really pleased with, and it does seem to be one of the few places that does cotton at a reasonable price.

hollieberrie Sat 07-May-16 21:21:32

I find some of their stuff a bit twee (all those longline floral tops confused ) but the knits are great - have some fab jumpers and cardies and a warm snuggly knit hoodie which i love when its cold.

Their sales are great - ususally 50% off. Things sell out really quickly online but in store i usually find great bargains.

Nearlyadoctor Sat 07-May-16 21:32:06

White Company have a couple but not cheap...

ProfessorPickles Sat 07-May-16 22:19:32

I keep finding ones that are spot on but they're £50+, I was hoping to spend £20 per cardigan at most as I want 2-3 colours.

Found some that seem right and are affordable on woolover (?) and they're only £14 down from £35 but the colours are a bit naff, such a shame!

H&M

Dotty Ps

BHS

DingbatsFur Sat 07-May-16 23:44:43

The New Look ones wash well. I have a couple from last year and one from this and they have worn better than their fat face or H&M counterparts.

WhiteHairReally Sun 08-May-16 00:08:02

Land's End?

www.landsend.co.uk/Womens_3-Quarter_Sleeve_Supima_Cotton_Cardigan/pp/P_25795.html?cgid=5846

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now