Talk

Advanced search

Question for philips Lumea long term users.

(6 Posts)
ijustwannadance Sat 07-May-16 12:56:31

Got one last month when TSV on qvc with extended money back guarantee. I have used it weekly as my hair grows ridiculously fast, so 3 times now. Mixed results. Disappointed in facial hair results, bikini line is amazing and legs feel smoother. My issue is that although the leg hair seems to have stopped growing in places or slowed down, I can still see all the black hair dots just below the surface of the skin. Will this improve with continued use if damaging the folicles?
Only have a couple of weeks to decide whether to keep it or not.

rightknockered Sat 07-May-16 13:01:00

The black dots will eventually stop, most of mine have. If you are seeing good results(and it seems to me that you are) and it suits your skin, then keep it.

rightknockered Sat 07-May-16 13:01:47

I used to have hairy knuckles and toes, completely stopped now, although I do the monthly maintenance.

Fridaynamechange Sat 07-May-16 13:20:00

I have had mine for about 18 months now and have recently been on a 16 day holiday where i didn't shave once, not legs, underarm, bikini line or any facial hair removal at all. I have some short, fine blonde hairs that you can see in the right line at the right angle and I used tweezers on a handful of stray dark hairs that are mostly around my knees.

I am fair skinned and had thick dark leg hairs so was the right combination. I did it every 2 weeks for 3 months (prior to a 3 week holiday were I shaved once during it) when I first bought it and now do maintenance ones every couple of months. I don't have any dark dots under my skin. I previously always had the little dots and stubble within hours and waxing would last a maximum of 10 days.

Must point out that even though your hair grows quickly the 2 week thing is to do with cycles of hair growth, i believe there are 3 different ones and my research said that doing it every week won't do any harm but will be pointless so I wouldn't judge based on that. My bikini line showed the first improvement followed by my underarms, I think this is because the hairs are thicker and darker there but I believe is also due to the fact I had never waxed those areas which is also meant to improve effectiveness.

ijustwannadance Sat 07-May-16 13:30:11

Thanks for the replies. I understand about the hair growth cycle. Was more about getting my money's worth in the guarantee time in case I had missed bits grin

M0y skin colour is corpse white and body hair is dark so perfect combination for it. I think the facial hair result, or lack of is due to that hair being lighter and more downy.

TychosNose Sat 07-May-16 18:01:25

I think effectiveness also depends on where the hair is because it's driven by different hormones so responds differently to the IPL. So best results are usually achieved on bikini and underarms because they're driven by the same hormones (secondary sex characteristics or something).
Facial hair is totally different I think because the follicles are continually being renewed or awoken or something like that so maintanence will always be required.
I did my face and bikini 5 years ago. Bikini has been amazing. Absolutely no need for any further removal there in 5 years. Life-changing! But face sadly still needs attention, though much less than before, the thickest darkest hairs have gone for good it seems.
I have light olive skin and very dark hair (Eastern European).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now