Talk

Advanced search

Bra interventioners! sizing advice please - measured band size feels too loose

(6 Posts)
MangoBiscuit Sat 07-May-16 12:02:13

After some wonderful advice on here some time ago, I measured myself, and bought some brilliant Ewa Michalak bras which I've been wearing ever since. I've lost some weight since, so bought a couple more a band size down and a cup size up. Recently I've lost a bit more (not a boast, been a long time coming, youngest is nearing 3, I'm just a bit lazy!) so even my smaller band size bras are now too loose.

Things is, I'm measuring at 34" band, 48" bust, but my smaller sizes are already 34". If I order a 32", will I even fit in it? And should I work out cup sizing from 34 or 32? I don't have much of a budget for clothes at the moment, but I've just had to throw out one bra as the wire snapped, so I desperately need to replace else I'm down to just one bra that really fits, and 2 that are too loose. Help!

leedy Sat 07-May-16 12:22:03

I'd go by feel rather than measurement at that point - I measure 31-32 and normally 32s are perfect on me, but in a few styles I need a 34 or a 30, it depends on how stretchy the band is.

hollinhurst84 Sat 07-May-16 15:17:29

I wear a lot of ewa bras smile
I measure in at 35 but can wear a 34 or 32 - I think it depends how squishy you are
If you order from ewa then you could get a 32 and add one of her bra extenders on if needed?

MangoBiscuit Sat 07-May-16 16:36:33

I think "squishy" sums me up quite well hollinhurst grin So do you get the same cup size regardless of whether it's a 32 or 34, or do you adjust for it?

hollinhurst84 Sat 07-May-16 16:42:32

I adjust for it - so I wear a 34K or 32KK

MangoBiscuit Sat 07-May-16 19:41:43

Thank you very much. I've put in an order, now I just have the looooong wait for it to arrive. Should be worth it though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now