my skin is so awful (pics)

(15 Posts)
HeckyWithTheGoodBear Sat 07-May-16 09:52:50

As well as the odd spot or three, my skin is covered in pockholes (sp? Even a word?) and acne scars. I use primer (benefit) and Mac foundation but they're still really visible.

What should my make up routine be? Any good skincare stuff that might improve it? Should I save up for a peel or something similar?

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Sat 07-May-16 09:53:33

That's my cheek btw blush

LadyMonicaBaddingham Sat 07-May-16 10:02:10

I swear by 99.9% pure Aloe Vera gel from Holland & Barrett for my skin; it was absolutely awful as I suffer with discoid eczema and a lot of moisturisers seem to affect it. Since starting to use the gel morning and night it has improved enormously smile

Veterinari Sat 07-May-16 10:05:31

I started using a salcylic acid peel from eBay. 20% applied every 1-2 weeks and it's definitely reduced breakouts and refined existing marks/pores

Veterinari Sat 07-May-16 10:06:22

It's not expensive either - about £15 iirc

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Sat 07-May-16 10:50:43

Thank you. I'll try them both!

BubsAndMoo Sat 07-May-16 11:19:05

Could you see a dermatologist for tailored professional advice? Also, what is your skincare routine now- it's best to add new things gradually one by one.

FWIW I don't think your skin looks awful at all. Make-up wise, have you experimented with colour correction at all? A green primer or correcting concealer might help improve the coverage of your foundation.

CoconutAmericano Sat 07-May-16 12:12:41

Which peel are you using veterinari if you dont mind me asking? Im getting some acne and the red marks left behind take months to fade. Literally months sad it's a constant reminder

JohnCheese Sat 07-May-16 13:58:22

Could your budget reach to laser? Fraxel? Fraxel would give far better results in a faster time than anything.

HeckyWithTheGoodBear Sat 07-May-16 14:08:32

I don't think I could afford a dermatologist or any laser treatments for a good year or so, I'm a full time student. I use a clarins toner and Clinique moisturiser at night and just a Nivea face wash in the bath. It's not really the colour that's the problem: that goes after I've put foundation on, it's more the texture (the little holes) that I can't cover. This is a picture now I have foundation on.

JohnCheese Sat 07-May-16 15:28:31

Yes, I get you. Some small superficial scars and some slightly deeper ice pick scars.

I know you can't do the laser now but keep it in mind for when you can. It would help.
Meantime, try the la Roche Posay Efaclar range, it's good for helping control acne. Or even a 2% salicylic toner, like Paula's choice. It will help gently exfoliate, so your skin will look smoother and more even. It's also good for keeping pores clear, so should help reduce the frequency of new spots.

AyeAmarok Sat 07-May-16 15:41:49

Have you tried microdermabrasion? It's about £50 IIRC, and it made such a difference.

AyeAmarok Sat 07-May-16 15:43:22

It's a treatment at a salon rather than a bottle of stuff by the way, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Just make sure you don't have plans the evening after you get it done!

banivani Sat 07-May-16 19:53:56

Well you have a great username anyway OP. smile

signalred Sat 07-May-16 21:34:20

Google Restylane Skin Boosters X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now