Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

vitalllumiere compact - worth the money?

(9 Posts)
OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 07-May-16 09:06:27

I haven't used powder for years. I normally slap on vitallumiere and blusher. Working in a fairly smart place atm and feel my post lunch shiny face isn't cutting it.

42 of my hard earned quids seems steep but I suppose it would last forever and I tried it and it seemed nice if an bit heavy.

Would you recommend it or anything else, please?

leedy Sat 07-May-16 10:32:16

The compact foundation? I have it and I really like it - mainly use it if I have a gig or going out after work as I can shove it in my bag and slap it on for instant de-blotchification. Doesn't feel super heavy, stays on, and the texture is lovely.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 07-May-16 11:33:13

Great! Of I run to John Lewis

coleus Sat 07-May-16 11:38:16

I binned it. It was too waxy-looking for me. My combination skin looked greasy after an hour or two. 🙁

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 07-May-16 11:40:17

What do you use coleus?

coleus Sat 07-May-16 11:43:42

I use the YSL Fusion ink. It just seems to stick to my skin. I also bought the Clinique universal blotting powder in a posh compact that I just pat on after lunch. I feel waxy in most foundations but this works for me. I don't want to look cakey either so I'm happy with the blotting powder.

leedy Sat 07-May-16 12:18:53

Yeah, my skin is normal-to-dry so it works fine on me, if my skin was oilier it mightn't be as good. I'd get one of the salesfluffies to try it on you and see how it fares after a couple of hours.

OnlyHereForTheCamping Sat 07-May-16 12:53:49

The blotting powder sounds good. I did try the Chanel one at the makeup counter but the assistant was v lack lustre and it did look v. Polished but a bit heavy. The clinque is A LOt cheaper

Thanks for your help

coleus Sat 07-May-16 13:20:32

I've yet to find a light-handed makeover! Hope you like the Clinique, reviews were good, I've used it everyday this week and I'm happy 🙂 At home I use a brush, out and about the sponge is ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now