When do shoe/clothes shops re-stock?

(6 Posts)
Lookdownthesofa Fri 06-May-16 21:28:55

I'm planning to go to my nearest town next week to look for a pair of sandals/summer shoes. I was thinking of going on Monday, but then I thought that might not be a great idea if stocks are low after the weekend.

I know that shops can order in my size if necessary, but I really want to try to get completely sorted in one trip (especially as i've got a pair at home, ordered online, that i'm not 100% about so will need to send them back soon if I decide not to keep).

chanie44 Sat 07-May-16 08:14:45

I don't think there is any best time to be honest. My sister said that the staff in h & m told her that they get deliveries everyday.

I

louloubelle2 Sat 07-May-16 08:24:28

Every shop will re-stock differently, most of the big names have deliveries every day, most others at least a few times a week.

Why don't you look online and if there is something you particularly like, ring the shop and ask if they have it. Most will even reserve for a few hours for you to get down there.

burnishedsilver Sat 07-May-16 08:25:55

I've never noticed lower stock levels after a weekend unless it's sale stock.

herecomesthsun Sat 07-May-16 09:36:31

Clarks will order in styles for you to try on, you can order on line, see below (no I don't work for them)

FREE Collect from Clarks '3-4 working days'

If you want the convenience of being able to try your shoes on before you buy them, select from several similar pairs, or simply want to pay by cash, you can choose our Collect From Store option when you reach checkout

All of our UK stores offer the Collect From Store service (the Collect From Store service is not available at Factory Outlet/Discount, Wholesale, or any other Clarks store outside the UK)

To find your nearest store offering the Collect From Store service, type your location into our Store Locator

Your shoes will be at your chosen store within four working days of your order being placed.
We will tell you by SMS or email when they are ready for you, after which you have nine days to come in, try them on and buy them

We will then process your payment through the Clarks till in the normal way

Lookdownthesofa Sat 07-May-16 10:20:55

That'sounds great. Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now