Talk

Advanced search

Shoes to go with knee length wedding dress?

(9 Posts)
postmanpatscat Fri 06-May-16 19:31:47

I'm so tempted to get something as OTT as these instead of something classy!

BestIsWest Fri 06-May-16 19:36:34

I think they're really pretty and I'm not a fan of bling.

krisskross Fri 06-May-16 19:38:52

My dress was similar to one in the pic...I got pale pink sparkly fifties style ones from lk Bennett.....ten years ago. They were lovely!! My mum was horrified. Round toe with a bow. Enjoy your day.

postmanpatscat Fri 06-May-16 19:39:43

Neither am I, normally! But I also don't usually wear heels and don't know if I can bear to totter around on stilettos. I'd had a mary jane style in mind so when I saw these it seemed like fate. I'm going to pick try them on tomorrow.

GoulashSoup Fri 06-May-16 19:42:34

I like them. A nice compromise of fun and classy. I wore a pair of irregular choice shoes and I love that I have worn them loads since. They don't do my ones anymore but I like these. Have a look at the bridal stuff although some of it is rather bold!

MrsLettuce Fri 06-May-16 20:03:03

Those are rather fab aren't they! Thing is, if you're not a heels person (as it were) then they might well be too high to be comfy to wear all day and all evening.

these might be worth a trying as well, if you're in there anyway.

postmanpatscat Fri 06-May-16 20:13:01

Thanks MrsL , I was always put off IC shoes by the upturned toe (my feet don't do that!) but the reviews are so positive I will give them a try. They are available in my nearest store, which would be fab, except that the Red or Dead shoes are not!! It's going to be a busy day tomorrow to get them both before my dress fitting in the afternoon.

MrsLettuce Fri 06-May-16 20:18:27

That does sound like a busy day! Good luck cramming it all in. If neither pair are right it might well be worth looking into proper dancing shoes (as in ballroom / latin / whatever).

HermioneWeasley Fri 06-May-16 20:21:21

They're fab!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now