Talk

Advanced search

If you're 5ft 3 or less, what do you wear in Summer?

(18 Posts)
MNetter15 Fri 06-May-16 15:34:03

I bought beautiful cropped (or so I thought) jeans which are actually to my ankle smile

Maxi dresses don't suit me at all.

You?

clairedunphy Fri 06-May-16 15:46:21

Last year I bought some of those casual trousers (joggers?) online from Dorothy Perkins petite. I have short legs, even for a shorty, and they fit well.

I'd love some cropped trousers that fit properly, but even if the length is right most are too loose around my waist and/or too tight on my thighs - petite pear shaped clothes seem hard to come by!

Wallis petite are the closest I've found, but the fit is still a bit off for me.

mollie123 Fri 06-May-16 15:49:22

have resorted to needle and thread on nearly all my jeans (having said that - some good makes have a petite range but agree with pp that the waist is all wrong or maybe they think it will fit on our hips like 'normal height' women)

EatShitDerek Fri 06-May-16 15:51:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PatMullins Fri 06-May-16 15:52:19

Children's clothes blush

clairedunphy Fri 06-May-16 15:52:49

Oh if only I could do that mollie! My needlework skills are dire. I have looked at getting things altered but it's so expensive that I really can't justify it.

UmbongoUnchained Fri 06-May-16 15:54:27

Play suits!

clairedunphy Fri 06-May-16 15:54:50

Oh and Pat, fair play if you can get away with children's clothes, I wish I could. I'm size 8 but my shape is all wrong. Damn these thighs!

NewLife4Me Fri 06-May-16 15:56:33

It is a pain.
Once I bought Tall shorts by mistake and they were capri length on me.
They looked fine, but not sure the styles now would work.
I find Wallis no shorter than the usual regular sizes everywhere else.
Maybe DP is the best fit, if you can find one or buy online.

Fwaffy Fri 06-May-16 15:57:48

I tend to go with cropped skinny jeans, nice tops and beaded sandals. If jeans are too short I fold them up as they still look good with a turn up. I've also gotten some culottey shorts which look half decent.

faustina Fri 06-May-16 19:44:48

Gap Petite. Always a good choice of stuff!

clairedunphy Fri 06-May-16 19:56:47

faustina is that only online? Any tips on good trousers for non skinny legs? I keep meaning to check them out but am a gap novice and unsure of sizing.

poocatcherchampion Fri 06-May-16 19:58:41

Shorts. All summer long

faustina Fri 06-May-16 20:28:27

clairedunphy yes, unfortunately they don't have them in the actual shops. The sizing can be a bit out sometimes so maybe order a few pairs to try on? They have really good customer service, free returns etc

See if you like the girlfriend jeans - they aren't skinny. The brilliant thing about them is they aren't just the same as the regular clothes except shorter - the rise bit (not sure how to describe it really!) is also in proportion

They do loads of other styles in petite too - straight, wide leg, etc

Oh and look at the girlfriend chinos too - I bought a pair last month and they're great

clairedunphy Fri 06-May-16 20:34:58

Thank you, that's a great start, I'm heading to the website now.

AgathaMystery Sat 07-May-16 09:50:41

I wear maxi skirts and maki dresses but fitted ones, never floaty. I also wear quite fitted cotton sundresses.

Naicecuppatea Sat 07-May-16 13:46:29

I am 5ft 3. I wear cropped trousers (mid-calf) or ankle crops. Fortunately while being short in the body I have reasonably long legs. I like shorts for when it gets very hot (wear much more on holiday!) and have the Boden linen shorts which come to mid thigh on me. I also love the GAP chinos. I had last year's "broken in straight khakis" in regular length. I'd love to try the girlfriend chinos.

MNetter15 Sat 07-May-16 14:19:53

AgathaMystery, where do you buy your fitted skirts and dresses please?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now