Talk

Advanced search

Help me decide...

(23 Posts)
neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 13:22:35

Its been ages and ages since I last went for a night out. Going out for a meal and some drinks in town with work people. I have two outfits I could wear and don't mind wearing either. Can you help me choose?

I could wear my hush dress but is it too much? I was planning to wear it with a cardi, black tights - it isn't warm here!
hush dress
or just wear my black coated skinny jeans and this top from mint velvet:
mint velvet
Its a casual enough place so both would look fine. I hate feeling too dressed up and then when I feel this way and go and everyone looks nice, I hate when I feel I look like I haven't made the effort!!! Help me get it right!!!

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 13:24:35

The dress is in black btw and would wear with black ankle boots!

CreviceImp Fri 06-May-16 13:34:49

Mint velvet top and coated jeans gets my vote.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 14:06:54

Thanks smile

Summer23 Fri 06-May-16 14:07:29

Both outfits are lovely but yes, I'd go for the jeans and top if you want to be a bit less dressed up.

Thurlow Fri 06-May-16 14:08:49

Top and jeans, definitely.

Floisme Fri 06-May-16 14:16:53

Dress. I'm bored rigid with skinnies and a top.

HoggleHoggle Fri 06-May-16 14:25:05

Dress. The jeans would be too relaxed for an evening thing for me, even a casual one (and I'm not a 'dressy' person).

RoobyTuesday Fri 06-May-16 15:16:40

That T shirt is lovely! I would go for the jeans and T shirt too.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 15:56:45

Quite mixed smile mmm....not sure now!!! Maybe i will see how i feel!
The mint velvet top was someone on here that posted it. I couldn't resist blush

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 16:00:02

Its a fairly casual affair. Its work people but not in a formal sense. Just a few people thought lets go for a little night out somewhere. That's why i am tied. I feel skinnies and top is like a staple for everyone! - it is quite boring. On the other hand, It is in the heart of a studenty area so maybe it its for the best?

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 19:03:54

Bump smile Any other votes????

Queenbean Fri 06-May-16 19:08:35

The dress. You said yourself it's been ages since you went out. It's not too dressy but pretty

I LOVE that tshirt. Is that the one another poster posted a few weeks ago asking if £45 was too much for a tshirt but she hadn't seen any other iridescent ones?

notagiraffe Fri 06-May-16 19:09:27

I prefer the dress but it looks quite dressy. for a casual night out in a student area, I'd go for skinnies and that top. You'll feel really relaxed in that outfit.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 19:14:01

Yes, queenbee. I ordered it and thought i can always send it back!!! Liked it too much!!!

Jaimx86 Fri 06-May-16 19:14:42

Depends how often you get to wear the dress. After watching all of Gossip Girl shock and having clothes envy every episode, I've starting dress up more on most occasions. I wore this for Sunday lunch last week, so would definitely chose your Hush dress. I love it!

seefeld Fri 06-May-16 19:17:21

Dress! But that top is GORGEOUS and so I'm now very tempted

Madbengalmum Fri 06-May-16 19:18:50

The dress skinnies are soo boring and overdone.

neveradullmoment99 Fri 06-May-16 19:20:20

Thanks. Actually i would probably get away with wearing that dress to work as its easily dress downed but i dont want to as it will then become a work dress. I don't think its over the top with black tights and boots but i do think most people will most likely be in jeans.

Wagglebees Sat 07-May-16 03:05:02

I don't think that dress is dressy at all. confused It's really casual. I appear to be in the minority though.

Try both outfits on, picture yourself at the venue and then whichever one you feel lost confident and comfortable in.

Wagglebees Sat 07-May-16 03:05:38

MOST confident not lost.

puglife15 Sat 07-May-16 06:25:23

I agree with Waggle - that dress could be easily dressed down or up and is listed as daywear, it's not too dressy. But it is lovely.

You can wear jeans and t shirt any time (albeit this is a lovely shimmery one) so I'd go for the dress. But both are nice.

neveradullmoment99 Sun 08-May-16 21:56:06

Well I wore my top and skinnies cause I couldn't be bothered in the end. I wouldn't have looked out of place with the dress but everyone and I mean EVERYONE had trousers [skinnies and a top] on, so guess I made the right call in the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now