Talk

Advanced search

Amazing and cheap swimwear

(10 Posts)
WittgensteinsBunny Thu 05-May-16 23:28:42

Made the mistake of trying on pre-children bikinis tonight. Shudder. shock. They are going straight to the charity shop! I'm off for a 4 day break next week so have to work fast! I have size 34DD / E boobs but the empty / droopy sort not lovely round variety and I'm a size 10 but have the empty tummy sack plus my belly button is puckered. So basically I'm looking for a tankini or swimsuit with scaffolding for the boobs (they look good in a balcony bra only) and something to cover the mummy tummy up and over the belly button. Luckily, I have good legs! My swimsuits from the post partum period last year are just horrible. I have no idea what I was thinking! I've got a spa morning booked with DH and I would at least like to look / feel good as time together very rarely happens. I also need something practical for swimming with the DDs. DD2 is 1 but still bf. Oh and I guess I have a budget of £35ish?
Help!

retainertrainer Fri 06-May-16 06:52:08

Tesco have got some fab swim wear this year. I've bought a couple of bikini's from there but they've got swim suits and tankini's with great structured support.

WittgensteinsBunny Fri 06-May-16 08:05:47

Great tip. Thanks! There's a huge Tesco near the in laws so might drop off the girls and DH off and head back for a look.

Autumn2014 Fri 06-May-16 08:10:06

I bought a great structured mock tankani from asda last year. It had ruching around the tummy. It was a halter neck with foam cups for shape and support , although I'd prefer normal straps as I find halter necks pull on my neck.

WittgensteinsBunny Fri 06-May-16 10:35:44

I think tankini is the way to go?

retainertrainer Fri 06-May-16 11:07:48

What about a high waisted bikini?

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 06-May-16 11:18:50

Look for vintage styles with a high waist. I was looking for mine on Amazon but I can't find it but the search term threw up loads of lovely ones here

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 06-May-16 11:22:25

found mine!

I don't know why the reviews are only 1 star because it is absolutely amazing.

WittgensteinsBunny Fri 06-May-16 14:10:48

That's lovely! And an absolute steal! How is it on the boobs? Is it supportive? I'm a prime member too so could get it for tomorrow.

IAmAPaleontologist Fri 06-May-16 16:11:19

I find it supportive. I'm 32D/30E depending on style and size 10, also with the saggy podge on tummy and boobs empty on top grin. The bottoms come up high enough to cover the podge and my breasts look pretty decent in the top and it stays put very well in waves (has been tested in the Atlantic on a rough day). Mine is the Asian size M, bottoms do size a bit small but I can get them on and once on they are comfy, might have been better sizing up a little on them but I don't think they had the next size up when I ordered and I think the top would have been too big.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now