Suncream that smells gorgeous (and not like coconuts)

(14 Posts)
Aramynta Thu 05-May-16 20:18:31

Can anyone help me identify it?

My daughter has returned from nursery the past 2 days smelling divine. Whatever suncream they are using (they always use factor 50) smells floral and sweet, almost like lillies or something similar.

Can anyone identify it for me? Or point me in the direction of a deliciously scented suncream? Most of the factor 50 ones either smell standard or are unscented (but actually smell stale).

hollyisalovelyname Thu 05-May-16 21:36:47

I love the smell of Boots suncream.
Why not ask the nursery and let us know.

southeastastra Thu 05-May-16 21:44:52

i have a lovely sephora smelling one, was not from the UK though! ultrasun is okay

hollyisalovelyname Fri 06-May-16 18:29:40

OP did you ask the nursery today?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 06-May-16 22:31:45

I have Ultrasun, it doesn't have a smell that I can remember (I've never thought "Oooh nice" or "Yuk, I smell like a Sumo Wrestler's jockstrap" )

Boots ones have a really "holiday" smell, aroma holds very powerful memories.
I had a whiff of Malibu Suncream in Home Bargains. Yes, it smells of Licorice allsorts. Reassuringly coconutty and familiar.

Gingefringe Sat 07-May-16 07:38:24

The Biotherm range of suncreams are delicious - they smell sweet and citrusy at the same time somehow. The fact 50 is great on my sensitive skin as well.

homebythesea Sat 07-May-16 07:50:49

Piz buin all day long smells like Giorgio perfume! I love it

hollyisalovelyname Sat 07-May-16 10:30:08

Aramynta ( lovely name) please ask the nursery staff .
It sounds like a lovely scent.

hollyisalovelyname Mon 09-May-16 07:43:30

OP you might ask the nursery staff today please.

JamieVardysParty Mon 09-May-16 15:06:33

BananaBoat smells fairly like this. Definitely not coconutty.

hollyisalovelyname Wed 11-May-16 07:43:42

Aramynta did you ask the nursery staff ?

Aramynta Fri 13-May-16 07:28:47

Sorry all! I have been on a training conference this week so couldn't get much signal!

I picked dd up from nursery last night and sneaked over to the cabinet.

It's Nivea 50+!!!!! They use the sensitive skin one there but the blue smells just the same.

I had avoided it as we bought some last year and it smelt rancid! They must have changed the fragrance they use.

FuckOffJeffrey Fri 13-May-16 10:33:45

Glad you have found out what it is. I don't remember Nivea smelling that nice either so they must have changed the formula.

I always think the boots sun cream smells like ice-cream. Well the boots face sun cream I use does anyway.

hollyisalovelyname Fri 13-May-16 12:57:20

Thanks a mil OP.
I'll check it out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now