Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Why is Double Wear Lite turning me orange?

(5 Posts)
lowcrabdiet Thu 05-May-16 09:04:39

Does it do this to anyone else. It looks fine when it's first applied, but after an hour or so, I look like an umpa lumpa.

I have a light shade, so I don't think I've just got the wrong one.

It wasn't so bad in the everlasting winter, but now that I'm not constantly wearing a scarf the difference between my neck/chest and my face is laughable.

If this is a DWL trait can anyone suggest a good alternative for coverage and staying power?

RoobyTuesday Thu 05-May-16 20:54:31

I wear it but mine doesn't go orange - maybe you haven't been colour matched properly? It's so expensive I'd be inclined to take it back to the counter actually and tell them you're not happy. Did they use that camera thing to do your colour match when you bought it?

squoosh Thu 05-May-16 21:17:23

It's the oil in your skin making it oxidise.

I find it quite random, some brands work perfectly on me and some turn distinctly oompa loompaish.

dudsville Thu 05-May-16 21:42:20

I am a rose complexion and was given a cool shade, turned me orange. I now wrest a neutral shade.

lowcrabdiet Sat 07-May-16 13:59:13

Thanks everyone. I will go and talk to someone on the EL counter and see if they can recommend anything I could do differently.

Other than the orange hue, it is by far the best foundation I've ever had.

I wonder if a primer would help?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now