Talk

Advanced search

The opposite of stylish, but...

(10 Posts)
TrainBridge Thu 05-May-16 06:51:49

...does anyone know where to get a legionnaire style sunhat for an older child? 55cm (child size) is too small, adult size is much too big. She has a silly amount of thick hair which is usually in a high ponytail, which is causing her 55cm one not to fit.

It's important because suncream sets off her eczema, so she needs a properly shady hat. I've looked in the shops and no luck. eBay has lots of 55cm and adult ones, but nothing in between.

Has anyone seen any hats like this anywhere?

TrainBridge Fri 06-May-16 20:22:35

Anyone? I know it's dull...

SpaceKablooie Fri 06-May-16 20:29:15

Polarn O. Pyret have great ones for older children - I got DS one from John Lewis (he has a huge head grin).

MrsLettuce Fri 06-May-16 20:31:23

Might this work? They have various things in various sizes but maybe not precisely what you're after

TrainBridge Fri 06-May-16 20:44:39

MrsLettuce I think that might be too big and all their kids ones go up to 56cm. But I might email them and ask, they seem to at least have the measurements which is a good start.

I didn't think of Polarn O Pyret - I've yearned but never bought as the prices are so high. This might be a good excuse.

MrsLettuce Fri 06-May-16 20:47:31

The small/medium size would be right (adjustable fit from 55cm to 60cm) but an excuse to order Polarn O Pyret is a grand thing!

lucy101101 Fri 06-May-16 20:57:55

I buy Sposh hats for mine - they are very stretchy and excellent quality. I have a DS with eczema and was bought one by a friend in NZ. You might get away with a medium:

www.justkidswear.co.uk/pd_SPUVLGHT-SLP-MED_Sposh+legionnaire+hats+lolly+pink.htm

They also have this in a large:

www.justkidswear.co.uk/pd_SPUVHAT-SRW-LRG.htm

more here:

www.kids-kaper.co.uk/system/index.html

TrainBridge Fri 06-May-16 20:58:32

You're so right - I missed the adjustability but also that one looks (if such a thing is possible) even more geeky than the plain blue POP one. She does definitely need it, she wore a bucket hat today and is definitely slightly brown. Thanks!

TrainBridge Fri 06-May-16 21:03:01

lucy That's a massive sale on at kids jasper, I may end up buying another hat!

TrainBridge Fri 06-May-16 21:04:28

Kaper. Not jasper. Silly phone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now