Size 16/18? What are you wearing for smart work clothes this summer?

(9 Posts)
JurgenKlopp Wed 04-May-16 20:42:44

Ok, I'm overweight, short (5ft 2) with massive generous norks. For most of the year, I wear smart workwear (tailored trousers, blazers, jersey wrap dresses) but always struggle in the summer.

If you're a similar size, what are you planning on wearing?

Any ideas would be greatfully received smile

JurgenKlopp Wed 04-May-16 20:44:48

* Gratefully - sorry, I'm tired!

Checkedstripes Wed 04-May-16 21:10:04

Jersey dresses and a smart (if it can be called so!) cardigan. Or straight-ish skirt and chiffon-y blouse over the top. Basically anything sleeveless that I can put some thin over the top. I can't wear jackets. I stop having boobs and become a walking shelf sad

Checkedstripes Wed 04-May-16 21:11:00

*something thin. Bloody hell I'm tired. Apologies!

JurgenKlopp Thu 05-May-16 06:42:39

Thanks, Checked. Will you be wearing them with bare legs or natural tights? I love thick, opaque tights but can't stand fine 'tan' tights. Think I'll have to dig out the gradual tanner/moisturiser.

sandgrown Thu 05-May-16 06:47:59

Always bare legs in Summer but legs need to have some colour. I hate tights! Could you wear smart culottes ? I usually wear a dress and cardigan.

blodynmawr Thu 05-May-16 07:22:25

I basically wear the short sleeved versions of the dresses and tops I would wear in the winter and swap the wool trousers for cotton ones. So:
- Boden or Phase 8 short sleeved dresses with cardigan.
- Boden Chelsea trousers with a short sleeved top of some sort
- Next A-line cotton skirt with short sleeved cotton top of some sort. (The skirt is ancient but as is summer wear only gets worn about 3 or 4 times a year so has lasted yonks!).
I started with the pedis and waxing legs a few weeks ago to get my bottom half ready for summer!

Checkedstripes Thu 05-May-16 19:32:32

I can't be doing without tights. My pasty legs are practically grey without them and self tan never seems to work on my legs!

SlowComfortableShrew Thu 05-May-16 20:19:59

Bloody Hell, Phase 8's prices have gone up! They are not that good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now