Talk

Advanced search

sandals with support?

(12 Posts)
RavioliOnToast Wed 04-May-16 19:57:22

I want some comfortable sandals for summer. I have a wide foot (E fit i believe) and if i walk any kind of distance in flats it feels almost as though ive pulled a muscle in my foot across the sole?

Can anyone recommend some sandals for me?

and please don't point me towards Hotter

RoobyMyrtle Wed 04-May-16 20:00:04

www.cheerfulsoles.co.uk/brands/alegria-shoes.html

Really comfy smile

FairyBiker Wed 04-May-16 20:12:16

The only thing that works for me is Birkenstocks, but they are a bit like marmite looks wise. I can't wear them shoe shopping as everything else is sooo uncomfortable.

RavioliOnToast Wed 04-May-16 20:14:18

are they honestl;y good? I dont mind them looks wise actually.

wheres the best place to buy them?

do you prefer the single strap to the double?

SunnySomer Wed 04-May-16 20:17:27

If you look on the Birkenstock website you'll find fairly attractive ones that have an ankle/heel strap which is important to stop the muscles in the top of your feet having to overwork.

jimmybim Wed 04-May-16 20:19:29

gabor

allegretto Wed 04-May-16 20:19:56

If you've never worn Birkenstocks they really hurt the first day but then are so comfy. I wish they looked better though! A wedge sandal is usually comfier than flat.

Wolfiefan Wed 04-May-16 20:22:14

I have some merrell sandals that are really comfy.

Bohemond Wed 04-May-16 20:41:16

Try Ecco. I got some fabulous silver sandals there last year and I wore them practically every day. They are just about to come out again. They have a shaped sole with good cushioning under the instep.

SueGeneris Wed 04-May-16 20:58:43

They are flat but sanuk yoga slings are the most comfortable sandals I've ever had. Yoga mat base which is very cushioning and stretchy fabric that holds your foot snug in the sandal. I wore nothing else last summer.

SueGeneris Wed 04-May-16 21:04:02

In fact you've reminded me to get another pair for this summer.

HemanOrSheRa Wed 04-May-16 21:16:57

I've got these www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/sandals/wasabi_sky.htm. They are so comfortable but they are flat. I wore them for the first time today, all day. So I have just ordered these to try www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/sandals/fruit_punch_tan.htm. They have more of a 'footbed' sole like a birkenstock.These look nice too www.moshulu.co.uk/m/ladies/sandals/ginger_ale_orange.htm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now