Boys Shorts -can anyone help?

(5 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Tue 03-May-16 22:19:48

Has anyone seen on their travels a good pair of boys denim shorts for my difficult to buy for boy.

DS(8) is tall and, whilst he is in proportion, has a good rugby player(!!!) build. He takes between an 11 year old and a 13 year old size clothing. Added to that he has SN and uses a wheelchair. He is best with an elasticated waist so the shorts are comfortable when he is up and walking and also comfortable when he needs to be in his chair. Also so he doesn't have to deal with buttons and zips.

He doesn't tend to look good in tracksuit bottom style; other kids seem to make them look smart but DS just looks a bit of a scruff! And I can never work out what colour to buy to go with all his tshirts. That said his last jeans were a denim style tracksuit bottoms (but you couldnt tell) which were perfect. I do usually get a couple of tracksuit bottom styles for comfort

We tried on these which should be perfect but are cut all wrong at the top of the leg and pull funny. Same problem with their tracksuit style. Primark had some that were good but they were too small and didn't stock the size up.

I need help I still have nightmares of our attempt at jeans shopping last winter

MrsLettuce Tue 03-May-16 22:31:45

these look comfy
maybe narrower like the ones that didn't work. maybe not
these and [[ www.matalan.co.uk/kids-clothing/kidswear/kids-denim/s2618601/boys-jersey-denim-shorts-3-13yrs?utm_source=437947&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affilinetthes]]e look slightly wider
too joggery? I think their canvas shorts and poplin shorts might be worth a look though

Micah Tue 03-May-16 22:38:40

Get the trakkie bottoms and cut them down to shorts?

Toffeelatteplease Wed 04-May-16 06:32:59

I have ordered the ones from asda (why had I not checked Asda! Normally I do and I have a delivery saver so free delivery grin) and will order the mc&co and matalan an ones when I get out of my nice comfy bed and go downstairs for my purse.

Sadly I could do with another pair of the denim jogger/jeans (I was surprised how well they worked) but primark have not had any of the trousers in stock again. and of course it's primark so no online angry.

MrsLettuce Wed 04-May-16 09:26:11

asda look to have some denim jogger/jeans too, did you find them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now