Talk

Advanced search

Bit of a skin nightmare

(14 Posts)
AgathaMystery Mon 02-May-16 18:36:51

I'm really hoping someone on here can help me.

I am mid 30's, non smoker, like the odd drink & am not really a sun worshipper.

This year my skin has aged so much. I'm not sure what to do. I have developed quite big pores which are not filled with anything god this is gross they are just visible...?

My forehead has gone super lined. To the point where I am considering Botox. My skin is print to oily but looks dry with makeup on. WTF do I do?!

I used to get lots of complements on looking young & TBH I liked that a lot! My current skin care is micellar water each evening to take off makeup & then a night cream. A couple of times a week I use a hot cloth cleanser.

I used to use Clinique #2 toner to remove my makeup but my pores were still large then. It's such a petty problem but I hate it.

DerelictMyBalls Mon 02-May-16 21:59:07

It doesn't sound like you are cleansing very thoroughly, is there a reason you only cleanse twice a week? Micellar water is ok for removing make up but it's not going to do much else. Try washing your face twice a day, every day, and see if it makes a difference.

AgathaMystery Mon 02-May-16 23:04:37

Thanks - will give it a go... I realise my first post reads like I barely wash! blush I wash my face every morning in the shower - I just thought using the cleanser every day might be a bit much.

Tonight I used the hot cloth cleanser then toner then moisturiser. Will have a go at daily cleanser and see what happens.

DerelictMyBalls Tue 03-May-16 13:55:41

Cleanser twice a day is definitely not too much. What are you washing it with in the mornings?

AgathaMystery Tue 03-May-16 17:29:57

Soap & water! grin

oldlaundbooth Tue 03-May-16 17:36:42

So you wash your face every morning in the shower? And then use the cleanser at night?

This is enough. Ditch the toner, you don't need it.

Do you moisturize?

I had the same problem as you a couple of months ago. I'm the same age, non smoker etc etc.

You need to:

Drink more water
Less caffeine
Eat more veg
Use more moisturizer.

AgathaMystery Tue 03-May-16 22:48:41

From now on I will cleanse every morning. Double cleanse at night.

I do moisturise, I use a day cream & a night cream, religiously.

Maybe part of the problem is that I've had it easy with my skin until this year. Now it needs TLC!

I work in healthcare so drunk too much coffee and no not enough water. I eat lots of veggies - my diet is okay I think, I've lost 2 stone lately. 2 more to go.

I've orders the nip+tuck pads too. Am on a mission now.

botemp Tue 03-May-16 23:04:59

It sounds like your skin is dehydrated, consider getting the Superdrug Simply Pure Hydrating Serum or if you can afford it (does the same job but has more benefits beyond hydration) Hyalamide SubQ Anti Age, or if you're feeling adventurous from Japan: Hada-Labo Gokujyun Premium Hyaluronic Acid Lotion (ebay).

burnishedsilver Tue 03-May-16 23:40:25

In the last year I've started to put more effort into skincare. One thing that stood out to me, as I researched various recommendations, is that the phrases 'night cream' and 'day cream' rarely come up. Plain old blue pot nivea seems the be up there with the best of them as far as moisturisers go. I've ditched my night and day creams in favour of Caroline Hirons routine cheat sheet recommendations and my skin looks better than it has in years.

burnishedsilver Tue 03-May-16 23:42:38

www.carolinehirons.com/2013/06/routines-cheat-sheet.html?m=1

Jmangel Wed 04-May-16 13:56:37

Hyalamide subq serum is working amazingly on my lines and open pores - it plumps everything up. Just put cream over the top - astral at night is fab and then boots time delay SPF 30 cream in morning.
No soap and water ever!
Use an oil based cleanser at night no 7 melting gel cleanser is gorgeous followed by a non foaming rinse of cleanser - I love Mario Badescu Enzyme cleansing gel.
Then acid tone - careful with nip and fab as some skins can't tolerate glycolic acid. I'm finding merumaya exfoliating toner really good as it seems to plump and firm at same tome as it has lactic acid and hyaluronic acid.
Then sub q advanced serum - seriously if you only buy one thing - make it this.
Then astral or basic night cream.
In the morning, non foaming cleanser, acid tone, subq serum then day SPF cream.
Lines and open pores will not stand a chance!

AgathaMystery Wed 04-May-16 16:18:19

Thanks ladies. Going to do some research and see what works for me. Will report back in a couple of weeks!

expatinscotland Wed 04-May-16 16:24:19

I'm older, but have sun damage AND hormonal acne. I've had results with face workout (the Eva Fraser one). I use Dettol sensitive skin soap on my face in the morning and the acne is much better. At night, I hot cloth cleanse with LUSH Ultrabland. So far, so good.

AgathaMystery Mon 09-May-16 23:54:52

Just wanted to say thank you... I have been doing a HC cleanse morning & night with a double cleanse at night.

I have been using the Nip+Fab pads most mornings & every night as well. Have also been using Clinique 'all about eyes' as I like it & I have a million GWP little tubs.

I've cut back dramatically on caffeine but still not drinking much liquid so will be upping that this week.

Hoping to see a difference soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now